Talk

Advanced search

To ask which one sentence changed your life?

(564 Posts)
broccoliicecream Thu 19-Oct-17 21:30:21

I’ll start.

‘My god girl- You’re pregnant.’

Said by a Dr to a 14 year old me.

nokidshere Thu 19-Oct-17 21:34:46

I have two life changing sentences;

Go home and plan your life there is nothing else I can do for you.

Said to me aged 35 by the fertility doctor I had been seeing for over 15 years!

Oh wow, you are pregnant, how did that happen!

Said to me aged 39 by the fertility doctor I had been seeing for over 15 years!

Aroundtheworldandback Thu 19-Oct-17 21:35:56

Will you marry me?

Spuddington Thu 19-Oct-17 21:36:17

"There's no heartbeat"

13 week scan.

SingaSong12 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:38:31

Spuddington flowers

broccoliicecream Thu 19-Oct-17 21:39:59

@Spuddington this happened to me too flowers I felt numb for so long afterwards

Cath2907 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:42:56

@Spuddington - I feel your pain. That was the worst day of my life.

SunnySkiesSleepsintheMorning Thu 19-Oct-17 21:43:55

“We are taking you to theatre now.” I was very close to dying.

Moanyoldcow Thu 19-Oct-17 21:44:10

'It's not good news'

My grandmother telling me and my two sisters our mum had died when I was 19.

BeachyKeen Thu 19-Oct-17 21:44:31

"I want to go to sea " said by dh, triggered by a mid life crisis. He quit his job and joined the navy, we moved across Canada, and now we live an entirely different life. New city , new friends, new jobs, new foods, Every thing really!

Sadmum23 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:45:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BLUESEAPARADISE Thu 19-Oct-17 21:45:51

" everything will be okay in the end and if it isn't okay then it's not the end"

And ..

" I may have multiple sclerosis but it doesn't have me"

Heard the quotes the day I got diagnosed with the life long condition and it's been with every day since.... every time I want to curl up in a ball and just give up on everything I remember that quotes and get up and show my illness I AM the boss!

Backtoblack1 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:46:07

“She said she’s pregnant. It’s not mine.”

It was his and it broke my heart.

Chasingsquirrels Thu 19-Oct-17 21:46:56

There is a large growth, I've taken some biopsy and can't say for certain until they are back, but I'm pretty sure it's malignant.

It was, it had spread and he died less than a year later.

Strangebrew Thu 19-Oct-17 21:49:08

Your son is showing no signs of life.

The midwife telling me my full term baby had been stillborn.

PurpleChai Thu 19-Oct-17 21:49:45

‘You’re going into septic shock’

Eight weeks ago when I was seriously ill with sepsis, I’ve never been so scared in my whole life and still feeling the effects. Long road ahead.

IcanMooCanYou Thu 19-Oct-17 21:50:26

"You don't HAVE to do anything" said by my wonderful doctor when I was hysterically crying about going back to work for a totally toxic boss who had completely distroyed me. Hearing someone say that waa exactly what I needed.

It's a sentence I've said back to myself a few times since. That and a Facebook meme... "will it matter in 5 days... 5 weeks... 5 years?"

florenceandthefig Thu 19-Oct-17 21:52:20

Oh goodness these are sad

I also had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Horrible thing to go through

Toooldtobearsed Thu 19-Oct-17 21:54:02

Lots - all from my mum

'It's all the bad in you coming out' when I tearfully told her i had cancer (pre altzeimers)

' I once had a daughter, but she died. I had an older one too. I always thought it was a shame the best one went and left me with that ' (me). (With altzeimers)

'I have left a surprise for you in my wardrobe, all just for you, to show you what you mean to me'. Said when she was dying. After her death, i found every Christmas and birthday present I had bought her for the last 8 or 9 years still wrapped. Unopened.

'

Tequilaplease46 Thu 19-Oct-17 21:54:51

You are being very stoic - said by the registrar after I had just been told I was going to die from an extremely rare blood disease. I was 24 weeks pregnant.

I didn’t have the disease I had HELLP syndrome- unfortunately my DD didn’t make it. I now have 2 beautiful DS.

rhnireland Thu 19-Oct-17 21:56:28

When you get pregnant

Said by my doctor treating me for infertility, she didn't say if she said when. It was such an important phrase for me.

And she was right!

drspouse Thu 19-Oct-17 21:56:39

"Just go on the date. What's the worst that can happen?"
Said to me by a good friend when I wasn't sure whether to go on a blind date with my now DH. Coming up 12 years ago. On a Friday 13th.

NC4now Thu 19-Oct-17 21:57:27

“You’re the master of your own destiny. What you make of yourself is up to you.”

By my senior tutor at sixth form. For some reason, it stayed with me. I’ve never relied on anyone else.

Dixiechickonhols Thu 19-Oct-17 21:58:00

You can Consent to the Tracheostomy or go outside and die - NHS Consultant to me. Broncoscopy had just revealed my airway was virtually closed.

livingthegoodlife Thu 19-Oct-17 21:58:54

he has had a heart attack. They couldn't find a heart beat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now