Talk

Advanced search

MN clique

(522 Posts)
TickTickBoomBoom Sun 05-Feb-17 14:12:19

I'm a regular poster, and have name changed for this.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a clique here? Some people's posts always get answered and they seem like a happy friendly little group. If you're 'new' or haven't posted that much, you pretty much get ignored.

I enjoy reading the posts, and I enjoy posting, but this 'exclusivity' is really getting to me. This is supposed to be a place people can come with their problems/jokes etc, and to feel like some people are 'left out' kinda defeats the object IMHO.

CantGetNoSleeeeeeep Sun 05-Feb-17 14:14:23

I don't find this. I rarely post but when I have needed advice and posted posters have been really helpful

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 05-Feb-17 14:14:45

I think it's usually more to do with time of day and how busy the board is than a clique.

Sparklingbrook Sun 05-Feb-17 14:16:51

Not lately, no. With all the namechanging I have hardly any idea who anyone is any more.

I have noticed a few 'I'm new here so be gentle' posts but I don't understand why newbies have to announce they are new.

NarkyMcDinkyChops Sun 05-Feb-17 14:17:14

It's just you.

Highalert Sun 05-Feb-17 14:17:58

Who is in the clique then?

ilovesooty Sun 05-Feb-17 14:18:10

Another name changing goady thread. Can't see this ending well.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Sun 05-Feb-17 14:19:14

It's just you. I NC all the time so nobody "knows" me but I never have any trouble having my comments noticed or my questions answered - as long as I keep my expectations reasonable - on a 1,000 post thread not everyone will rush round to say "OMG SupremeCommander what a brilliant idea!"

HerRoyalFattyness Sun 05-Feb-17 14:19:19

Cam you please tell us who is in the clique? I've been wondering for ages now.

DioneTheDiabolist Sun 05-Feb-17 14:19:28

Some posters post a lot and don't NC. This means that they form friendships online and are quite recognisable to other posters. There are various groups, but I don't ghink I'd call them cliques.

It's a bit like pubs in RL, it takes time, effort and not NCing every 5 minutes to become a "regular".

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Sun 05-Feb-17 14:19:33

It's just you. I NC all the time so nobody "knows" me but I never have any trouble having my comments noticed or my questions answered - as long as I keep my expectations reasonable - on a 1,000 post thread not everyone will rush round to say "OMG SupremeCommander what a brilliant idea!"

CaraAspen Sun 05-Feb-17 14:19:47

OP:
I think you're imagining it! I'm relatively new and I don't find this to be the case.

Highalert Sun 05-Feb-17 14:19:53

Nice Sunday afternoon bunfight thread grin

Sparklingbrook Sun 05-Feb-17 14:20:05

I also don't understand all the 'namechanged for this' stuff. Why the need to announce that? confused

The80sweregreat Sun 05-Feb-17 14:20:12

I am sorry you feel like this - i tend to find that anything i post on AIBU is pretty much ignored, but i have become virtual 'friends' on some of the Telly pages so i do tend to get a bit of response over there sometimes and it can become a bit 'in jokey' but not in a nasty way. ( i dont know any of them in the real world!)
A lot of people name change and there are a few that do seem to know each other in real life i think, or thats the impression i get sometimes.

Highalert Sun 05-Feb-17 14:20:55

No one could ignore your posts,Cara

TickTickBoomBoom Sun 05-Feb-17 14:20:56

Another name changing goady thread. I'm not trying to goad anyone. I'm genuinely confused as to why some people's posts get ignored, and then other posts get 40 pages of replies. And it's often the same people.

araiwa Sun 05-Feb-17 14:21:12

i never even look at names

i dont know anyone

Sparklingbrook Sun 05-Feb-17 14:21:58

Who are these people? Have you got a spreadsheet?

HerRoyalFattyness Sun 05-Feb-17 14:22:26

it's often the same people.

What people?

HerRoyalFattyness Sun 05-Feb-17 14:22:41

No need to be secretive if you've namechange.

gamerchick Sun 05-Feb-17 14:23:15

Because they don't name change so people 'know' them?

Highalert Sun 05-Feb-17 14:23:31

Come on OP, in for a penny in for a pound.

CaraAspen Sun 05-Feb-17 14:24:07

However, re the odd name changing thing, I think people must change their names so that those they perceive to be friendly towards them, are not horrified by this or that or the other going on in their real lives. It's a bit shallow to change your name - for all but the most serious of reasons. But even then, why not just be honest?

Magzmarsh Sun 05-Feb-17 14:24:12

I don't pay any attention to usernames, I just respond to posts so could agree with someone on one thread and disagree on another.

There are a lot of threads on MN about "cliques" in general, some people are a bit obsessed with them.

I think when people see "cliques" everywhere they really need to take a look at themselves and figure out why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now