Talk

Advanced search

To warn to you all to avoid Loaf at all costs!!

(34 Posts)
Cosycottage4 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:03:22

Was supposed to have a sofa delivered 11 days ago, nothing showed up on the day (waited in all day with 2 young kids!)...the people in charge of delivery told me the sofa hadn't even been made yet and were surprised loaf hadn't contact me to let me know of the delay?!

11 days later, I've sent them 15 emails, all unanswered, and waited on hold for 2 hours on their phone line before being cut off. So I have no idea what on earth is going on with my sofa, I assume I will have nothing to sit on on xmas day...in fact, I'm starting to wonder if they have simply stolen my money!

Avoid at all costs!!!

CauliflowerSqueeze Mon 19-Dec-16 09:07:07

Appalling.

Sounds like House of Fraser. I wonder if they are related!

babyblackbird Mon 19-Dec-16 09:07:25

I had a less frustrating but equally bad experience with them but did get my items eventually. I vowed then never to use them again.

What turned up was nice but not THAT nice given how much I had paid.

SenoritaViva Mon 19-Dec-16 09:11:32

How disappointing, I've always liked the look of their stuff. I thought they were now at John Lewis (who wouldn't find that acceptable if their suppliers).

newroundhere Mon 19-Dec-16 09:18:43

Yes, I saw them in John Lewis yesterday. That sounds rubbish OP sad

gruntley123 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:20:52

Having had similar problems with John Lewis themselves (look at their Trustpilot ratings and reviews) I would imagine that sort of customer service would, sadly, fit right in.

midsomermurderess Mon 19-Dec-16 09:31:22

I was so so disappointed with my Loaf sofa. At least it turned up I guess, but it was a total waste of money. The seat cushions go flat as soon as you sit on them and need very strenuous plumping every single day for it to be remotely sittable on. It was the wrong colour too. I might try to sell it on or get new cushions made up but either way buying it was a bad mistake. I got taken in by the hype and cutesy descriptions. Loaf sofas are crap, complete crap.

Klaptout Mon 19-Dec-16 09:37:34

I got a booklet through recently for loaf, the book and the stuff looked exactly like Made.com stuff, I've had stuff from there and it's been excellent, are the companies linked?

SoupDragon Mon 19-Dec-16 09:40:15

I ordered a bed from Loaf.

The people at customer services were pleasant and helpful, it arrived promptly on the assigned delivery day, the dlievery men were polite and efficient and they assembled the bed and cleared up after themselves r moving all packaging.

I couldn't recommend them more highly..

MistressMerryWeather Mon 19-Dec-16 09:40:48

I just had a look at their Twitter and it seems you are not alone OP.

Lots of complaints.

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Mon 19-Dec-16 09:42:59

mistakes happen accidents happen, but I always measure a company by how they respond when things don't go well, sounds awful op,being ingnored when they have a large % of your money is not on at all.

Wookiecookies Mon 19-Dec-16 09:43:01

Thanks for the tip OP, will avoid!
Sofa.com are superb and a great alternative for future reference. smile

ScrambledSmegs Mon 19-Dec-16 09:50:52

I bought a sofa from Loaf. I received a phonecall two weeks before it was due to be delivered telling me they were ahead of schedule and would I like it delivered earlier? The sofa is gorgeous, a lovely fabric and colour and incredibly comfortable. I also got a free pouffe-thingy.

I know that everyone has different experiences though, I'm sorry that you and others have had a bad experience, OP. I hope they get their act together and communicate with you asap.

dingdongthewitchishere Mon 19-Dec-16 10:08:14

thank you for the warning, I'll stick to Ikea with custom covers from another shop. At least I know what I get, and haven't been disappointed so far.

EssentialHummus Mon 19-Dec-16 10:15:52

Their COO is someone called Tim Parfitt; their head of "Customer Experience" is a Louis Adamou who looks about 12.

Start emailing.

Link

TheWorstNoel Mon 19-Dec-16 10:20:09

I want to like Loaf but their insanely twee marketing material makes Johnnie 'Love me!' Boden seem like Harold Pinter. I refuse to buy anything in case I have to call the Jolly Spiffing Phone Bunnies to put in my order for a Totes Schmoofsome Sofa.

drinkingchanelno5 Mon 19-Dec-16 10:21:40

I've ordered quite a lot from them and never had a problem.

SoupDragon Mon 19-Dec-16 10:26:19

I'll stick to Ikea with custom covers from another shop.

Where do you get your custom covers from? My Ektorp armchair is going into DDs room when the new Ikea sofas arrive on Thursday and if could do with a new cover.

AldrinJustice Mon 19-Dec-16 10:28:37

Ah thought they would be good. Back to DFS 😂

mysteryfairy Mon 19-Dec-16 10:31:47

I've got 2 sofa.com so fast and a chair and happy with them all...if anyone wants to try a similar company!

dingdongthewitchishere Mon 19-Dec-16 10:33:06

I got mine from Bemz, but if you google it, there are quite a few shop selling the covers, you can also find some on Etsy I believe. It depends what style you are after (and price...)

bemz.com/

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 19-Dec-16 10:38:09

Oh. I wanted a Loaf sofa but the prices are eye watering.

I don't want to pay eye watering prices and then be disappointed sad

ScrambledSmegs Mon 19-Dec-16 10:40:15

Now we avoided Sofa.com, because despite my brother and SIL booking a specific date for delivery because they were going on holiday for a couple of weeks, the sofa was delivered when they were away. For some unfathomable reason the sofa was left on the pavement outside their house, in a busy street in London hmm.

Amazingly it was still there when they got back, but the protective wrapping had been removed and it had been rained on/sat on by all and sundry. It took forever for Sofa.com to admit liability and refund them, because they kept claiming it had been signed for by my brother hmm.

Patsy99 Mon 19-Dec-16 10:42:59

15 e-mails with no response?! They're holding your poor sofa hostage.

UnexplainedOnHerCollar Mon 19-Dec-16 10:45:41

I want to like Loaf but their insanely twee marketing material makes Johnnie 'Love me!' Boden seem like Harold Pinter. I refuse to buy anything in case I have to call the Jolly Spiffing Phone Bunnies to put in my order for a Totes Schmoofsome Sofa

Oh WorstNoel thanks for making me LOL which I really needed smile

I enjoy a read of the loaf catalogue for the exact same reasons I enjoy Johnnie's offerings, so I can love to hate the tweesome bollocks. The Loaf sofas do look nice but how can anyone (at least anyone with DC or pets) pay that for a sofa?! Ikea all the way for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now