Talk

Advanced search

To warn about Asda Christmas delivery slots?

(37 Posts)
Ripperofknitting Sun 18-Dec-16 14:14:57

Ok so it's my first time doing an Asda Christmas delivery but after ordering from Asda dozens of times I thought I was quite savvy. Booked my Christmas delivery slot as soon as they became available. Delivery due the 23rd. Plan was to update order this week now I have a better idea of numbers for Christmas dinner and what I need. I went to update my order and its friggin not there anymore!

I phoned customer services (which is always a headache in itself) and response was "if you amend your order then you risk losing your deliver slot". All well and good and I'd risk it if only I was allowed to amend but the bloody system won't allow me.

I've asked for someone to contact me to advise why I wasn't advised that Asda had decided to change the rules - I was advised that someone "might" contact me.

So I'm now left with £60 of flippin vodka arriving just in time for me to drown my sorrows.

If anyone is expecting to change their order this week, please check you can still do it - it's vodka or nothing for mesad

harderandharder2breathe Sun 18-Dec-16 14:27:00

Weird, I've amended my order multiple times (delivery 23rd and no issue)

Check to see if there are still free slots (in my area there's still some on the evening if the 22nd) that you could use if required

harderandharder2breathe Sun 18-Dec-16 14:28:19

Oh sorry, just seen that your order isn't there! That's really bad customer service that they didn't notify you of it being removed (maybe they object to "fake" orders to hold the slot? But a warning would be better! This is something many many people do!)

PinkSwimGoggles Sun 18-Dec-16 14:29:31

60£ worth of wodka - that's christmas gifts sorted grin

Crunchymum Sun 18-Dec-16 14:37:04

I know I can only amend my Morrisons order (due on 23rd) until 20th December.... usually you can amend until the night before.

£60 worth of vodka doesn't sound all that bad. Better than £60 worth of cat litter grin

Libitina Sun 18-Dec-16 14:41:23

If it turns up just decline it.

If you can't book another slot you'll either have to delegate the shopping or brave it yourself.

Aeroflotgirl Sun 18-Dec-16 14:44:57

Just amend online, before the cut off date. If your ordering food arriving on the 23rd dec, you can ammend before Midday, on 22nd Dec.

Busybrie Sun 18-Dec-16 14:48:17

I had a panic as I have delivery booked for 23rd and at the moment have only a kettle booked for delivery! Just logged on and can change and add up to 12 pm on the 22nd, added a couple of items to my basket just to check as well. When I booked I remember the spiel to encourage people to book a slot even said " just choose items to save your slot and change them up to midnight the day before" so it's definitely still OK, doesn't help you I know.

SoupDragon Sun 18-Dec-16 14:53:47

Just amend online, before the cut off date.

The OP tried this and says she was unable to do so.

OP, £60 of vodka... it could be worse I guess. How many times have your u tried to amend it? Could it have been a glitch?

NoahVale Sun 18-Dec-16 14:53:56

i was also a smug Asda delivery 23rd December, until towards the end of last week, i checked and there were loads of stuff out of stock, or gone up in price.
why?
how can they be out of stock already? angry
very stressful

Namechangeemergency Sun 18-Dec-16 15:00:00

Ours is on the 23rd. We haven't ordered anything yet.

Its specifically for Christmas stuff. I am trying to think what I need.
I hate food shopping.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 18-Dec-16 15:04:22

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be amending now, just in case. I know I missed puff pastry off the list and I haven't got any smoked salmon...will be braving the shops for these. (braces self)

PrincessConsuelaTheSecond Sun 18-Dec-16 15:12:04

Asda are notoriously crap so it doesn't surprise me at all.

They're always out of stock close to Christmas or just substitute or remove half your delivery. Bastards.

(My friend had her gigantic turkey substituted for a mini frozen chicken to serve one person, ffs)

wifeyhun Sun 18-Dec-16 15:14:17

I wonder why you can't amend it?. I have Tesco coming on Thursday and I can amend up until 11.46 the night before.

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 18-Dec-16 15:17:40

OP my order doesn't show in my list but I see it in a little reminder at the top of the screen...do you see that? I can only go in to the order from there. Have you got your confirmation email still? Try it from there.

kaitlinktm Sun 18-Dec-16 15:30:03

It's true that it won't show if you click on "Your Orders" and only the next order due will show at the top of the screen as PotatoSalad said.

Have you got another order to be delivered before then though? My delivery due on the 22nd disappeared last week until my order was delivered last Thursday (15th) but now it's there again.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Sun 18-Dec-16 15:30:30

Asda are so very shit, it's ridiculous. I won't shop there anymore after so many rubbish subs, items not delivered at all (what, there were NO tea bags in the entire shop?), short dates, crap packing (tins on top of bread for example). Last time I did an Asda Christmas delivery there were no sprouts and no parsnips ffs.

Having tried them all now it's Morrisons for me. Been using them for about 6 months and not one single problem that hasn't been resolved quickly and easily.

Surely it says it all that Asda has it's own section on the website where you can just request a refund electronically for missing/damaged items? hmm

DurdleDurdle Sun 18-Dec-16 15:31:03

The term and conditions HERE say it's fine to amend your order.

Hulababy Sun 18-Dec-16 15:40:07

How strange you can't amend. Isn't that part of the benefits of online shopping - being able to go back and add/change items?

I have Ocado coming in the 23rd. I know in the past from using them and other supermarket deliveries It can be a risk if you try and amend the shopping close to the date as it seems to risk things being out of stock again, whereas if you do t earlier and leave it they seem more likely to stay In stock for you. So I did mine a few weeks ago and not amended; added a couple of things using the one click add to order - fingers crossed.

Ripperofknitting Sun 18-Dec-16 15:43:11

Thanks for all your responses. When I log in I get the link to amend or view my order but when I click on it only historical orders appear. I emailed to query and the response was if I amend I may lose my slot however when I phoned I was told I can't amend at all - my only option is to cancel. I'll see if anyone contacts me tomorrow as I demanded that this needs to be escalated urgently otherwise I'll be tweeting/face booking - I'd ask for compensation but it would likely be more flippin vodka lol!

Plan B now is to start off Christmas proceedings with vodka shots all round in the hope that by the time dinner is served up everyone is too pissed to notice it's beans on toast smile

kaitlinktm Sun 18-Dec-16 15:46:32

Forgot to say that this happened to me a few years ago (although in retrospect I think it might have been my mistake) and I phoned them. They said they could see my order even though I couldn't (probably because I had other orders coming out before it). Like you, I had just secured the date by ordering forty quid's worth of alcohol which I then thought I couldn't amend. The person on the phone cancelled the order, so at least I didn't get all the booze, but I had to go and join the Christmas queues with my huge trolley load.

I have managed to amend my order (for the 22nd) several times this week.

If I were you I'd try phoning again.

kaitlinktm Sun 18-Dec-16 15:47:08

Sorry x post

e1y1 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:48:54

Sorry you're having a shit time of delivery OP.

I don't trust Asda with online deliveries at any time of year, let alone Christmas.

I don't mind shopping at Asda stores, but they're the WORST grocery retailer for online deliveries.

harderandharder2breathe Sun 18-Dec-16 15:54:25

I've been mostly lucky with Asda generally (frantically knocks on wood) but when things have gone wrong they've been absolutely awful at fixing them (took me a month to get a refund for something that didn't turn up, repeatedly calling them and being assured it was being done when it wasn't).

LadyPenelope68 Sun 18-Dec-16 15:57:58

I've got an Asda slot delivered and have amended it this weekend several times. Nothing is showing as out of stock and no problems with anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now