to tell you how to use a loo brush?

(96 Posts)
OohMavis Wed 30-Dec-15 22:32:42

BECAUSE I AM RIGHT.

A toilet brush is not for removing skiddies off the bowl. It's not. You don't take what is supposed to be a permanent fixture of your bathroom and smear it in shit, then leave it there, festering and breeding in its own little bowl of filth. That's fucking minging. This is why the poor toilet brush gets such a bad rep, you see, people are doing it all wrong.

When you skid the toilet, you take a piece of toilet paper, and you wipe it off. And before you all go "but Mavis, that's also fucking minging", well, I can only say it's minging if you don't intend to wash your hands before you leave the bathroom. Who's ready to admit to that then wink

"I buy a new one every week" - well, the environment hates you and you're probably going to hell. And you still have a pooey brush in your bathroom for seven days emitting its pooey vapours. So.

The intended purpose for a toilet brush is to clean. Like with bleach. When you clean your loo. Once a week. And then back it goes, all germ-free because all it's done is swish about in very concentrated bleachy water, until the next time.

Can I say <gavel> or is that totally out of fashion nowadays?

wowfudge Wed 30-Dec-15 22:35:42

Blimey Mavis - what happened to you this evening to prompt this? I am pro-loo brush btw.

Junosmum Wed 30-Dec-15 22:37:06

What if the skiddies extend beyond where your hand can reach? What do you do then?

mincepieprivateeye Wed 30-Dec-15 22:37:32

For me it's bleach down the loo and plenty of it. Scrub round with the brush. Flush, more bleach with brush put in the loo to clean in the bleach water. Sorted

OohMavis Wed 30-Dec-15 22:38:52

You pray, Juno, you pray.

Oysterbabe Wed 30-Dec-15 22:39:25

I thought mumsnet was dead against loo brushes at all these days?

OohMavis Wed 30-Dec-15 22:40:05

Or consider adding some cod liver oil to your diet as poo lubricant in the future to avoid such condundrums.

Queenbean Wed 30-Dec-15 22:40:15

Just put bleach on it, then they go by themselves

And before anyone says that bleach just whitens shit stains but doesn't remove them NO IT FUCKING DOESNT

MadauntofA Wed 30-Dec-15 22:40:24

What if prayer alone is ineffective?grin

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Wed 30-Dec-15 22:40:37

I think maybe you need to talk to the people you live with rather Thanks subjecting MN to weird shit related rants.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Wed 30-Dec-15 22:40:58

Than.

bumbleymummy Wed 30-Dec-15 22:41:08

I'm pro-loo brush. My approach is similar to mincepie's.

ExitPursuedByABear Wed 30-Dec-15 22:41:25

AND THIS IS WHY I HATE LOO BRUSHES.

And breathe.

RealityCheque Wed 30-Dec-15 22:41:28

Yabu

dementedpixie Wed 30-Dec-15 22:41:37

I agree OP. Toilet brushes are not for wiping crap off the toilet but for when you are cleaning the toilet with toilet cleaner/bleach,etc

OohMavis Wed 30-Dec-15 22:43:43

On no my family are well informed of the uses and misuses of the toilet brush. This is totally a TAAT.

LexieSinclair Wed 30-Dec-15 22:44:57

Mavis I partly agree with you but there's no way I'm sticking my hand down the pan to wipe off skids. Use the loo brush, then swish it around in the pan mid flush with some bleach and Bob's your uncle, it's clean.

anonooo Wed 30-Dec-15 22:45:22

No way. They are for getting little shit stains off. Otherwise why would they be in office loos and so on, where no one is using them to clean the bog?

penguinsarecool Wed 30-Dec-15 22:46:06

Ok so what is the right way?
1)bleach down loo, scrub, leave then flush, or
2)bleach down loo, leave, scrub, then flush

Louise43210 Wed 30-Dec-15 22:47:33

Gross. There should be instructions on the handle. Loads of people get it wrong.

OohMavis Wed 30-Dec-15 22:47:35

Number 2. But as long as you're not embedding moist poo into the brushes, I mean, you can't really go wrong.

wasonthelist Wed 30-Dec-15 22:47:42

YABU

wowfudge Wed 30-Dec-15 22:48:16

2) - gives the bleach time to work. If you can smell bleach, you're using too much. So said Kim and Aggie.

BuildMoreHouses Wed 30-Dec-15 22:48:25

Small jug of warm water poured over skid marks removes them.

CurlyBlueberry Wed 30-Dec-15 22:49:27

I've just pre-ordered one of these. www.loogun.com I can't wait to not have to reach into the loo ever again unless my kid drops my phone in there again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now