Talk

Advanced search

What do you wish you’d done before lockdown?

(218 Posts)
Turnedouttoes Sun 29-Mar-20 09:11:29

1. Sorted out and fenced our front garden so we had somewhere outside to sit not in full view of the neighbours
2. Had a bikini wax
3. Had my acrylic nails removed
4. Encouraged DP to get a haircut before it was too late. His hair grows ridiculously fast and he won’t let me touch it

Seventyone72seventy3 Sun 29-Mar-20 09:13:17

Bought Easter eggs.
Bought paper for the printer.
Bought face masks! (Yes, I know but I can't get them now and they seem to be the norm for shopping).
Been to the dentist.

slipperywhensparticus Sun 29-Mar-20 09:14:20

Gone to the tip it was in my to do list then the kids ended up sick the day after we were allowed out we got locked down

And got my daughter from university but her sibs were sick she has asthma we got locked down 🤦‍♀️

lucysmam Sun 29-Mar-20 09:16:15

Gone to Asda for the Easter egg dd2 wanted. I bought ours on my Tesco shop when they were £2 instead of £4 but wanted to get her the Smarties unicorn one sad

Not a big thing but it would have made her smile.

FoxtrotOscarPoppet Sun 29-Mar-20 09:17:47

Visit my Nan for a chat, cuppa and a hug. 😔

CrocodileFondue Sun 29-Mar-20 09:18:05

Hugged my parents.

JamesNesbittsBrows Sun 29-Mar-20 09:19:06

Seen my Mum

Allthepinkunicorns Sun 29-Mar-20 09:19:11

Finished painting my kitchen, it's half done and I have to wait till the lock down is over. At least I can cook in the kitchen so I should be grateful.

LolaSmiles Sun 29-Mar-20 09:19:23

Bought more gardening supplies
Had a haircut
Gone to the opticians
Bought Easter chocolate

FairyBatman Sun 29-Mar-20 09:20:25

Bought some paint and compost.

Pipandmum Sun 29-Mar-20 09:20:41

Wish I'd got my downstairs toilet fixed and the electrics in the kitchen were acting up too. Not essential so kept putting it off but now both are getting really annoying.

EricaNernie Sun 29-Mar-20 09:21:03

got that haircut

LIZS Sun 29-Mar-20 09:21:13

Visited family. Been to optician (blepharitis flaring up).

Jojo19834 Sun 29-Mar-20 09:21:29

Bought timber for my decking I am now unlikely to get until winter. Luckily have garden furniture, fence paint, topsoil and plants on order so will have a half decent garden. I know even having one right now is a blessing so only slightly grumbling

EricaNernie Sun 29-Mar-20 09:22:01

got dd things from uni halls, we have dd, but she left things behind with the idea of going back soon for them

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 29-Mar-20 09:22:15

Haircuts
Charity shop drop

TolstoyAteMyHamster Sun 29-Mar-20 09:22:22

Gone to the hygienist (cancelled the appointment as I was busy)
Bought some hair dye
Got some underwear for dd
Picked up ds’s scooter from Halfords where it was being repaired
Bought some bread flour - we get through lots and now there is none to be had. I nearly placed an order with one of the independent flour companies three weeks ago but then got sick and now obviously it’s too late

RhymingRabbit3 Sun 29-Mar-20 09:22:46

Went out for lunch with my grandparents and great nan (aged 95).
We planned to go a few weeks ago and then the weather was stormy so we decided not to as would have required us and them to drive an hour each way. We planned to reschedule for end of March. Now it could be months before I see them.

Ouch44 Sun 29-Mar-20 09:22:52

Visited my Mum. I haven't see her since Christmas. Was supposed to be going to visit in Easter holidays. I had a feeling we should go but didn't as DD was practicing for an event that hasn't happened now.

milienhaus Sun 29-Mar-20 09:23:15

Adopted a cat (we kept meaning to and putting it off) and visited parents

Cailleach Sun 29-Mar-20 09:23:29

Bought a shitload of bread flour. And yes, I actually can bake bread. Ditto skimmed milk powder.

YangShanPo Sun 29-Mar-20 09:25:58

Built a remote survivalist compound with massive stockpile and moved all the family in. This seemed like crazy talk a few weeks ago now it is starting to seem like it would have been the sensible plan.

middleager Sun 29-Mar-20 09:26:04

Seen my parents
Sorted the garden
Gone to the tip
Moved my hair appointment forward (it was scheduled for two weeks ago but didn't want to go even then)
Saved more money
Gone to the cinema - hadn't been since Xmas as there was 'nothing on'
Gone out for a meal with my family

LIZS Sun 29-Mar-20 09:26:49

Bought a webcam

Herpesfreesince03 Sun 29-Mar-20 09:29:23

Stockpiled. I went for a big shop for my 3 children yesterday and came home with 3 pot noodles. There were two hour queues to get into the supermarket. I don’t give a fuck if other people consider it selfish anymore, we’re living off rations and my children are starting to go hungry. I’m going to every shop I can get to today and buying whatever I can get my hands on

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »