Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Need an accountant

Lauraadele18 · 12/09/2018 21:25

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an accountant please?! Would like to use someone who is recommended to me so i know they will be good.

Thanks in advance
Laura

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hideandgo · 12/09/2018 21:27

I use an outfit called Crisp Accountancy. They work remotely and have been excellent for nearly 3 yrs now. Comparatively cheap.

Please
or

topcat2014 · 12/09/2018 21:28

Hi Laura you are probably best using someone local to you who is recommended. You could ask, for example, who your hairdresser uses, or perhaps a small local shop.

Please
or

Hideandgo · 12/09/2018 21:31

I disagree about someone local, if they are decent and clear in their work, there’s no need to ever sit with them. I’ve literally had zero problems. Crisp have saved me a significant amount of money, they are really timely and remind me of things I need to do that are not even part of their scope.

Please
or

topcat2014 · 12/09/2018 21:41

It depends if course what the option wants. If you are used to running a business and use cloud software the n i agree remote might work better. However for a total new start there could be a fair bit of hand holding required

Please
or

topcat2014 · 12/09/2018 21:42

O P not option, stupid kindle

Please
or

Hoppinggreen · 13/09/2018 14:47

Hi Laura
I agree that these days you don’t really need someone local.
I did some Customer insights work for my own accountant last year ( customer service surveys etc) and ALL the clients I spoke to without exception were really really positive about them. I also recommend them to a lady on here who now uses them and is really really happy with them . I introduced my plumber to them and he is over the moon and credits his business really taking off to the advice he got from them
I don’t work for them anymore so not on any commission or anything but I would be happy to PM their details if you would like

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.