Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Any marketers out there? How long to create a marketing plan

OrangeSunset · 02/03/2016 06:55

I've got an opportunity to create marketing and social media strategies for a local SME. It's my first foray into this field, and whilst I know I can do the work, I'm unsure what to charge.

I've got an idea of day rate, and understand that as its my first job I might under- or over-estimate but I want to avoid presenting the company with an outrageous fee proposal that immediately turns them off.

So, if you were creating a marketing strategy for a SME, how long is realistic? Auditing current material, situation analysis, surveying customers for customer personas, planning and costing marketing channels and activity, defining metrics. 5 days effort?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

CurlsLDN · 02/03/2016 06:57

I work as an Account manager for an agency, so often come up with marketing plans for new or current clients, that map out six months of work. I take two days to write the plan

Please
or

OrangeSunset · 02/03/2016 07:22

Thanks, I did think 5 days was rather over-egging it!

OP's posts:
Please
or

sergeantmajor · 02/03/2016 13:50

If you want to execute the campaigns for them later, you may want to charge less for the strategy up front so as to secure the longer term work.

Please
or

MrsMargoLeadbetter · 04/03/2016 05:59

It depends how much research there is. Will you be preparing a strategy doc first and then a plan? I'd say 3-5 days.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.