Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

18th October is International Pronouns Day

85 replies

SamW98 · 18/10/2023 15:38

https://pronouns.org/day#:~:text=October%2018%2C%202023,is%20basic%20to%20human%20dignity.

Who knew this was an actual day?

International Pronouns Day seeks to make respecting, sharing, and educating about personal pronouns commonplace. Referring to people by the pronouns they determine for themselves is basic to human dignity.

International Pronouns Day โ€” Pronouns.org Resources on Personal Pronouns

https://pronouns.org/day#:~:text=October%2018%2C%202023,is%20basic%20to%20human%20dignity.

OP posts:
IcakethereforeIam · 19/10/2023 08:38

@mcduffy thank you for that article, the extract at the end that linked the virtue signalling crap of IPD to the real world harm it is enabling actually made me tearful. Perhaps next we should use IPD as a day of remberence for all the people damaged directly and indirectly by the gender madness.

MeltedBrain · 19/10/2023 08:48

DS was watching a Minecraft video on YouTube the other day and everyone's pronouns were on screen with their names. One individual's pronouns were she/them. I'm still baffled.

TWETMIRF · 19/10/2023 09:12

My pronouns are her/she and are to be used the opposite way around to she/her. An example is TWETMIRF has announced she pronouns and her would appreciate you using them correctly.

FatherJackHackettsUnderpantsHamper · 19/10/2023 09:25

My pronouns are her/she and are to be used the opposite way around to she/her.ย 

Cool; I'll have cad/bury for mine!

If this thing truly is meant to be international, it will presumably include all pronouns in all languages - whether standard in those languages or made up - including languages that English speakers often find almost impossible to pronounce, or even to hear the nuances of.

Some of the pronouns brigade might find this difficult to come to terms with - as do we when they expect everybody else to remember what pronouns they've randomly claimed, which may well change from day to day. Some of them even confuse themselves and forget what pronouns they demanded yesterday.

If we've already well and truly breached the 'reasonable' barrier with pronouns, surely they can be whatever you want them to be? I presume you could tell people that your pronouns are an entire song or a Shakespeare soliloquy or something, so it will take them several minutes and a super memory every time they want to refer to you. They can hardly tell you that your non-standard pronouns are ridiculous, but theirs aren't, can they?

viques · 19/10/2023 09:26

My pronouns are her/she and are to be used the opposite way around to she/her. An example is TWETMIRF has announced she pronouns and her would appreciate you using them correctly.

I read your last sentence in the voice of the Mary character from Ghosts, her who has now ascended to she rest in a better place.

TWETMIRF · 19/10/2023 09:32

Ah yes, her was lucky to have been sucked off

turbonerd · 19/10/2023 09:34

๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Yes. One would never mess that up, would one?

FatherJackHackettsUnderpantsHamper · 19/10/2023 09:46

Yes. One would never mess that up, would one?

Now, why am I thinking of the game that Ted plays with his pals in The Fast Show - where you have to insert the name of a different vegetable every other word?!

TriplePoint · 19/10/2023 14:04

My late mum taught at a tiny village school in the 60s where that wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. 'Miss, us've had we lunch, can us gerrowt and play?'

ErrolTheDragon · 19/10/2023 19:26

My late mum taught at a tiny village school in the 60s where that wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. 'Miss, us've had we lunch, can us gerrowt and play?'

My father would rarely lapse into his native Yorkshire but would sometimes make a request "gie oos a spice" (please may I have a sweet, for them as needs a translation)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.