My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Boiledbeetle · 10/12/2023 09:28

The car has since been sold - understood to be via popular car buying firm, We Buy Any Car.

Who in their right mind would use we buy any car for a fairly new jag?

Chersfrozenface · 10/12/2023 09:36

The car has since been sold - understood to be via popular car buying firm, We Buy Any Car.

And who got the, no doubt fairly paltry, sum which WBAC coughed up?

Hoardasurass · 10/12/2023 09:45

If you look at the dates it would seem to appear that he tried to sell it within days of the start of the police inquiry.
I wonder why he was so desperate to get rid of it🤔

OP posts:
guinnessguzzler · 10/12/2023 09:49

An electric jag at that! Pro electric car users know the technology is still developing at such pace that second hand is still best avoided 😉

Sounds dodgy af.

Rainbowshit · 10/12/2023 10:05

So that's £200k of the missing money accounted for. Doesn't stretch very far if you have such expensive taste does it?

BigBoysDontCry · 10/12/2023 10:17

Sturgeon is also reportedly struggling with her memoirs as everything she writes has to be crosschecked against what she said in court and broadcast in interviews. Every non snp journalist and legal entity will be pouring over every word looking for where she's tripped up. Must be a fucking nightmare when you are a serial liar with a shit memory.

Will be more money to find to pay back the advance when you can't produce the book.

Rainbowshit · 10/12/2023 10:31

BigBoysDontCry · 10/12/2023 10:17

Sturgeon is also reportedly struggling with her memoirs as everything she writes has to be crosschecked against what she said in court and broadcast in interviews. Every non snp journalist and legal entity will be pouring over every word looking for where she's tripped up. Must be a fucking nightmare when you are a serial liar with a shit memory.

Will be more money to find to pay back the advance when you can't produce the book.

Ah ha ha ha ha 😂😂

RealFeminist · 10/12/2023 10:36

THE CUP HOLDERS WERE A BIT SHOOGLY

anyolddinosaur · 11/12/2023 16:43

Scotland has very strong laws on contempt of court - speculation is unwise unless it's something obviously jokey like did he get rid @RealFeminist because you were learning to drive and he was afraid of what you'd do to it. Did he give you any driving practise?

RealFeminist · 11/12/2023 18:25

LIKE AH SAID THE CUPHOLDERS WERE DEAD SHOOGLY I GOT COSTA ALL DOON MA SUIT JAIKET

Boiledbeetle · 28/12/2023 11:39
ArabellaScott · 05/01/2024 22:06

Ruh-roh.

SinnerBoy · 06/01/2024 01:44

Oh dear, yet more undeclared loans made by Mr. Sturgeon. Whatever next?

RealFeminist · 06/01/2024 08:27

SALMON GETTIN HIS ROCKS OFF AGAIN

Hoardasurass · 06/01/2024 11:19

Igneococcus · 06/01/2024 07:18

Whatever next?

Losing the Stone of Destiny, or bits of it. This actually made me giggle. Ian Hamilton lived a 5 minutes walk from me. He would have been furious. I know AS isn't SNP anymore but he was when he was given the fragment.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/2a523858-8366-4765-b7dc-be7c56855544?shareToken=def2840196f56e8013e0e4ee24c6ef9a

Fuck that's a huge screw up if they've really lost it but I bet Salmond still has it

OP posts:
Rainbowshit · 06/01/2024 12:44

Igneococcus · 06/01/2024 07:18

Whatever next?

Losing the Stone of Destiny, or bits of it. This actually made me giggle. Ian Hamilton lived a 5 minutes walk from me. He would have been furious. I know AS isn't SNP anymore but he was when he was given the fragment.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/2a523858-8366-4765-b7dc-be7c56855544?shareToken=def2840196f56e8013e0e4ee24c6ef9a

Lol. Wonder what else is in the SNPs Aladdin's cave? They should have a rummage around might find the the missing £600k.

Rainbowshit · 06/01/2024 12:49

Also sniggering at this. 🍿 they clearly are desperate for cash.

www.holyrood.com/news/view,sir-brian-souter-returns-to-snp-fold-under-yousafs-leadership

IcakethereforeIam · 06/01/2024 13:16

As I understand it Sir Brian is quite the 'fundie'*, I don't know how this goes with views he might have with transgenderism. He might be set against it or all for 'transing away the gay'. Does anyone know?

*No pun intended

RealFeminist · 06/01/2024 14:22

Harvie's nae happy.

'THE Scottish Government must be clear it “does not share the values” of controversial tycoon Brian Souter, Patrick Harvie has warned.
It comes after Humza Yousaf said he had an “upfront and honest” conversation with Souter after it was revealed the businessman was approached to arrange a dinner with business leaders in Edinburgh last summer.
Souter previously pushed to keep Section 28 in place in the early 2000s – a policy introduced by Margaret Thatcher’s government which prohibited the “promotion of sexuality” by local authorities, essentially banning teachers from discussing gay rights.

Speaking to the Daily Record, Harvie said: “The kind of socially conservative Scotland that he [Souter] might wish he lives in, that Scotland does not exist.”
On the meeting of business leaders, Harvie said he “would have been genuinely worried if this was something about courting party membership”.

“But what has to be really, really clear is that not just my party, but the Scottish Government, does not share the values of Brian Souter. That needs to be made very, very explicit.”
Harvie added: “I went into politics on the back of the vile, homophobic campaign of bigotry and prejudice that he funded.
“It was a deeply dishonest campaign and a deeply harmful one. I was a youth worker in Glasgow at the time and I had to walk to work past his billboards, that he had paid for, saying ‘protect our children’. And that meant from people like me.

“I worked with young people who were having phrases like Keep the Clause used against them as playground bullying taunts while they were being harassed in school.
“It was the kind of legislation that the civilised world now condemns Russia for. If those are his values, we need to be clear that the Scottish Government rejects those values.”

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24031957.patrick-harvie-speaks-humza-yousafs-dinner-brian-souter/

12ft

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenational.scot%2Fpolitics%2Fpatrick-harvie

Waitwhat23 · 06/01/2024 15:12

But will he actually have the courage of his convictions to walk away from the Bute House agreement if the SNP takes money from Souter? A previous 'line in the sand' was an appeal against the decision against the Section 35., which doesn't appear to be happening, but Harvie remains.

I personally don't think the SNP should take money from Souter but if Harvie doesn't make a stand, it seems to further indicate that Harvie is enjoying the perks of his ministerial position rather more than his principles.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

GulesMeansRed · 06/01/2024 15:18

But will he actually have the courage of his convictions to walk away from the Bute House agreement if the SNP takes money from Souter?

And give up his seat at the cabinet table as housing minister or whatever he does? What do you think?? Course he won't.

RealFeminist · 06/01/2024 17:09

A MAN AS PRINCIPILED AS HARVIE?

GoatsareGOAT · 06/01/2024 17:50

RealFeminist · 06/01/2024 17:09

A MAN AS PRINCIPILED AS HARVIE?

Damn it woman that set my cough off something shocking 🤣🤣🤣

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.