Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Claire Fox article

19 replies

cantab94 · 30/05/2023 11:31

Not sure if this has been shared but this has made me really cross. https://compactmag.com/article/a-trans-pedophile-stole-my-name
If concerns a rapist who now says they are a woman and has taken Claire's name. However she also states there is a legal loophole called a sensitive applications clause which means that he is able to prevent prospective employers from knowing his previous name when doing dbs and criminal record checks so is given a clean slate. And the prospective employer isn't entitled to know if this clause has been used. They managed to close other loopholes whereby women could not inherit titles etc. just because they now identified as men so just shows where their priorities lie.

A ‘Trans’ Pedophile Stole My Name

Compact Magazine, a radical American journal

https://compactmag.com/article/a-trans-pedophile-stole-my-name

OP posts:
ArabeIIaScott · 30/05/2023 12:33

This case is horrific.

His daughter has been immensely brave speaking up on it. She was only informed of her father's change of name after he gave his permission - otherwise, she would not have know he was out of prison and living under a new identity.

Thelnebriati · 30/05/2023 13:03

There was a report by Keep Prisons Single Sex that explains how this name change system undermines safeguarding and DBS checks, and nothing is being done to put it right.
The DBS system relies on convicted felons being honest and declaring their old names!

Its beyond shocking that men on the sex offenders register are allowed to change their legal sex markers and name at all, let alone deliberately take a woman's name like this. IMO it signals utter contempt for women and children.

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/womens_rights/4641046-new-report-from-kpss-on-dbs-checks-where-name-gender-are-changed-the-safeguarding-loopholes-that-creates

New report from KPSS on DBS checks where name & ‘gender’ are changed & the safeguarding loopholes that creates. | Mumsnet

[[https://twitter.com/noxyinxxprisons/status/1573740439055880199?s=21&t=062JTmDfvcPEqwmkM2abiA Link To Twitter Thread]] [[https://kpssinfo.org/db...

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/womens_rights/4641046-new-report-from-kpss-on-dbs-checks-where-name-gender-are-changed-the-safeguarding-loopholes-that-creates

Igmum · 30/05/2023 19:28

This is appalling. His daughter is being incredibly brave. I really hope that the mainstream media pick up on this. We need to shine the spotlight on every evil paedophile who tries this

IcakethereforeIam · 30/05/2023 19:31

I bet he gave permission to tell his daughter as a 'fuck you' to her. Vile man. Amazing daughter ❤️ all the best to her.

Circumferences · 30/05/2023 19:40

We said this would happen years and years ago but were told "this never happens".

Fucking gender ideology myth number 3 in action, in real time.

littlbrowndog · 30/05/2023 20:58

Years of being sexually abused by her father. He got out of prison early and now he can’t be identified to other vulnerable women and girls as a sex offender as he is now a woman

yes Scottish government this never happens.

because he is now a woman ffs

viques · 30/05/2023 21:06

The only positive thing about this story is the knowledge that so few trans women actually look like women that no one will be fooled that they are dealing with a woman , so know they are dealing with a man and be cautious.

Of course this won’t mean that a history of offending will be revealed, but let’s hope employers can look at cv s and question suspicious gaps.

But as a policy it stinks.

cantab94 · 31/05/2023 14:12

I'm glad it's not just me that is extremely concerned about this. It makes dbs checks redundant if they can be circumnavigated although they may look at gaps in cvs etc.

OP posts:
MagicSpring · 31/05/2023 15:52

viques · 30/05/2023 21:06

The only positive thing about this story is the knowledge that so few trans women actually look like women that no one will be fooled that they are dealing with a woman , so know they are dealing with a man and be cautious.

Of course this won’t mean that a history of offending will be revealed, but let’s hope employers can look at cv s and question suspicious gaps.

But as a policy it stinks.

There was a very sad case not long ago of a vulnerable teenager becoming pregnant to a transwoman. The parents, I think, said they hadn't worried about the child's friendship with 'a woman'.

Boiledbeetle · 31/05/2023 15:59

cantab94 · 31/05/2023 14:12

I'm glad it's not just me that is extremely concerned about this. It makes dbs checks redundant if they can be circumnavigated although they may look at gaps in cvs etc.

It's not just you.

The fact that the dbs system, which is set up to ensure employees know if potential staff will cause safeguarding issues, fails at the first hurdle by allowing convicted paedophiles to choose whether to be truthful or not if they change their name and gender is appalling.

The fact that officials know the loophole exists and yet have done nothing to close it is even more appalling.

MagicSpring · 31/05/2023 16:10

One might hope, Beetle, that there are further checks that are kept under the radar in order not to be circumvented.

But maybe not.

GailBlancheViola · 31/05/2023 16:50

Maybe not is the more likely, sacred caste and all that, because it never happens, no-one trans would ever do that, etc., etc.

GailBlancheViola · 31/05/2023 16:54

That is a blistering article and should be in all mainstream media.

Boiledbeetle · 31/05/2023 17:01

MagicSpring · 31/05/2023 16:10

One might hope, Beetle, that there are further checks that are kept under the radar in order not to be circumvented.

But maybe not.

I honestly don't think there are any! The fact that they left it to the criminals to decide shows how much thought went into it!

AlisonDonut · 01/06/2023 08:48

It completely obliterates the whole point of the DBS. We may as well just get rid of it.

Thelnebriati · 01/06/2023 11:34

Wouldn't it be better to plug the loophole?

AlisonDonut · 01/06/2023 12:54

How many people are already through this loophole?

Ramblingnamechanger · 01/06/2023 13:44

This is Claire Fox who did well the other day on ? Jeremy Vine v Katy Montgomery I think. Yes these loopholes need to be plugged along with deed poll changes, unless you are a victim in hiding of course.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.