Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Bunbury’s summer holiday

Faffertea · 04/08/2022 12:53

I’m hoping Bunbury is off hill walking somewhere, perhaps finding some lovely grey rocks. Does anyone know?

I’ve seen some new posters recently so thought now might be a good time to see what she’s up to.
Link below to Bunbury’s 2nd PSA with some useful advice and also had a link in it to the very first PSA.

www.mumsnet.com/talk/womens_rights/3438714-Bunbury-s-Public-Service-Announcement-2?page=1

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ereshkigalangcleg · 04/08/2022 13:16

I hope she brings some grey rocks home with her when she comes. They make great gifts.

Please
or

Helleofabore · 04/08/2022 14:29

Quokkas! We have to make sure there are quokkas!

Please
or

Thelnebriati · 04/08/2022 16:05

Is it sunny? I hope its sunny.

Please
or

Mochudubh · 04/08/2022 16:12

I take it you're not referring to the Bunbury referenced in this article?

www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/03/lgbtq-tories-fear-their-rights-are-being-weaponised-in-leadership-contest?amp

Elena Bunbury, who chairs the LGBT+ Conservatives group but was speaking in a personal capacity, said she had “felt so much less welcome” as a member since the leadership contest began.
Having attended the first hustings in Leeds last week, Bunbury said that “hearing everyone cheer at the talk of reducing trans people rights really sickened me” and there had been “vulgar and unnecessary” discussion of what should be a sensitive subject.

Please
or

ClimbingCancelled · 04/08/2022 16:32

Personally Helle I prefer the tammar wallaby, far more lively than the quokka. As a female mammal of the marsupial sort she can nurse a joey kept safe in her pouch whilst at THE SAME TIME!!!! be pregnant with a baby wallaby in her uterus. She's found not far from Bunbury as well

Please
or

Helleofabore · 04/08/2022 16:39

Well Climbing, she sounds bloody brilliant!

I mean, I am more familiar with Pademelons myself. But really.... in cuteness stakes it is a quokka. So why don't we have both the quokkas and the tammar wallaby and hope that they are not too territorial?

Please
or

Ereshkigalangcleg · 04/08/2022 17:08

I take it you're not referring to the Bunbury referenced in this article?

No, she's unlikely to be on her Christmas card list, even if related.

Please
or

BlessedKali · 04/08/2022 23:18

What is a Quokka? A Quokka is a Quokka.

Please
or

Ereshkigalangcleg · 04/08/2022 23:23

Quokka is a spectrum.

Please
or

PomegranateOfPersephone · 04/08/2022 23:29

Good call, holidaying down under with Bunbury is just what is needed right now. So many marine mammals seem to have turned up on these shores. I wonder what attracted them all of a sudden. Quokkas are adorable though, nothing fishy about them.

Please
or

JanieAllen · 06/08/2022 21:59

Oh I've been stuffing myself with Bunbury's today.... 3 types of cake I need to taken in hand. I wish I could leave Edinburgh with the festival on - I hear alarming reports of what is happening up town. I'm sticking to my garden and encouraging tourists to take the bus which takes them to several periferal estates rather than Princes St as punishment for bringing MORE covid variants.

Please
or

MishyJDI · 06/08/2022 22:25

I hear Liz is likely to ensure all Bunbury residents have an ID card to ensure they can readily inspected. No GRC required here. Only a quokka.

Please
or

Helleofabore · 06/08/2022 22:34

Look. Just a reminder why quokkas are integral to Bunbury

Because there are quokkas in and around Bunbury, Western Australia.

fb.watch/eKBT3ixulA/?fs=e&s=cl

Please
or

ScreechingEchoChamber · 07/08/2022 08:55

Lately I have been considering chinchillas.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.