My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Lindsay Lohan's Playboy pictures are depressing, and not just for the usual reasons

4 replies

Beaglefox4 · 14/12/2011 09:46

Not sure if anyone has bothered to look up or read up about Lindsay's Playboy shoot, i've seen a few pictures of the behind the scenes and read some articles about it and the whole things has left me quite depressed.

They've photoshopped out her freckles and tattoos, told everyone how it would include 'boobs, ass and vag!!' and dressed her up as Marylin Monroe. In the behind-the-scenes outtakes she looks tragically lost and exploited..

I know it's not big news but thew whole thing has left me so sad for her and for the state of society where ripping a girl off of her identity and parading her in someone else clothes promising the world that she'll show 'vag' when all she needs is a hug and a good long holiday away from LA is just a sad state of affairs. Admittedly she did get paid $1m for it but, whether that's true or not, it still doesn't make matters any better.

OP posts:
StewieGriffinsMom · 14/12/2011 10:39

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beaglefox4 · 14/12/2011 11:14

Absolutely, it's so tragic how we're all watching her slowly unravel and no one close to her is looking out for her. What happened (and is still happening to a certain extend) to Britney is a good example of how much a life can be destroyed by too much media attention. Not everyone is strong and stable enough to deal with celebrity and she clearly isn't :(

OP posts:
spikeymikey · 14/12/2011 11:22

-Agreed. And her father is not helpful. She needs a hug and a loooong break.

StewieGriffinsMom · 14/12/2011 12:41

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.