Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

I NEED HELP ON FB PLEASE

17 replies

thefinerthingsinlife · 13/02/2011 21:30

I posted a V day pic and a 'friend' has just posted this

"yawn! Somebody is happy to let there husband pay for almost everything but yet its all about feminest rubbish on the facebook, nothing against ending violence agains ANYONE (not just women), but you turn so many people off the point by ramming something down there throat every day."

Could I possibly have some help explainig that you can be a mum and a feminist (although I am a student and I work)

Thank you

OP posts:
MavisEnderby · 13/02/2011 21:33

Just unfriend them.Nuff said

Prolesworth · 13/02/2011 21:34

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

KarmaDevil · 13/02/2011 21:35

PM them telling them to eff off and get down off their high horse and then delete them.

OhForBoonessSake · 13/02/2011 21:38

have given my two penneth. i agree with otehrs, just defriend him.

BeerTricksPotter · 13/02/2011 21:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thefinerthingsinlife · 13/02/2011 21:52

Stupidly it really upset me

OP posts:
BeerTricksPotter · 13/02/2011 21:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thefinerthingsinlife · 13/02/2011 21:58

That's the problem Beer I'm still learning so get frustrated at it all.

Just want to say thanks to those that posted on my fb

OP posts:
UmYeahLikeTotally · 13/02/2011 22:41

Your reply was excellent, I've "liked" it. You made him look like an ignorant fool (although he didn't need that much help to look like a complete knobber in the first place). Hope you're ok.

HerBeX · 13/02/2011 22:47

Have just seen this, posted.

He sounds like a right nobber, finerthings. That was really nasty, that comment about your DH paying for everything, as if you're some kind of parasite. Seriously I would be looking at him with a different eye if he were a friend/ acquaintance of mine.

thefinerthingsinlife · 13/02/2011 22:52

i'm okay now thank you. I've deleted him. DH is more pissed of than I was about that comment

OP posts:
OhForBoonessSake · 14/02/2011 12:35

that was a fantastic reply to his post. i have just liked it too. well done you for responding. there always will be arseholes like him out there. we just need to accept that they exist and that some of them wont ever change. getting the message out to those that will is the important thing.

BurningBuntingFlipFlop · 14/02/2011 12:39

What did you reply?

thefinerthingsinlife · 14/02/2011 15:55

I really apreciated all the 'likes'. DH was amazed at the MN feminists, he thought it was great how after posting on here you came to my rescue Grin

For BurningBuntingFlipFlop

Firstly who pays for what in MY marriage is no ones business other than DH and myself.

Secondly, I am hardly 'sitting around on my ass' like you seem to believe I am I am a full time student, I work part-time, run a house and care for 2 children. What else do you expect me to be doing?? Being a women i'm vilified for being a stay-at-home-mum (aka lazy, scrounging off husband, etc) and yet the same happens when I work full-time (why have children if you aren't going to look after them etc.)

Thirdly, 'feminist rubbish on facebook' I am very open about my political views whether that is in 'reallife' or posting pictures and links on fb. Why does this offend you so much ??

Forthly, I am a women who has a daughter so fighting against violence against women and children is something bloody important to me. If you want to stand up and be counted and do something about violence against men then I will support that. However it it unreasonable to expect me to fight your 'cause' for you when you seem unwilling to do anything yourself.

Finally, I do not ram my views down anyone throats. If you do not want to read what I post then don't, it is very simple, rather than posting what can only be described as nasty and provocative.

A bit of a rant I know Blush

OP posts:
Prolesworth · 14/02/2011 15:56

Message withdrawn

HandDivedScallopsrgreat · 14/02/2011 15:58

I thought it was a great reply TFT. Glad you deleted him. It really was quite a nasty thing to say.

HerBeX · 14/02/2011 18:32

It was a class rant. Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.