Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Feminism: Sex & gender discussions

Who is this arsebag Ed Rennie then?

9 replies

ElephantsAndMiasmas · 13/01/2011 20:09

The one going around the media today saying that women cannot have equal rights until we have elminated abortion from society.

Any idea? I see he's a councillor (oh lucky constituents), and probably aiming to bring the religious right to Britain.

OP posts:
StuffingGoldBrass · 13/01/2011 20:22

Well, he's a dick, obviously, but is he one with any power? Or just your classic woman-hating failure who's got an imaganary friend?

wukter · 13/01/2011 20:26

That'll be the Twelfth of Never then.

StewieGriffinsMom · 13/01/2011 20:44

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

giyadas · 13/01/2011 21:16

this is all I can find, and a facebook page that he share's with Sitarah Anjum.
Can't find anything about his comments on abortion. Was quite shocked to find he's a labour councillor.
Wonder what Sitarah Anjum thinks of his (alleged) views.

dittany · 13/01/2011 21:18

dittany · 13/01/2011 21:22

giyadas · 13/01/2011 21:42

he is/was employed by Premier Christian Media, so I suppose this is a kind of profile raising exercise?

StewieGriffinsMom · 13/01/2011 21:45

ElephantsAndMiasmas · 13/01/2011 23:52

I've never heard of 'em. Was wondering if he was part of the ultra-fun Institute of Ideas crew but doesn't seem to be so.

He's a little helper of MP Jim Dobbin, who is Chair of the All-Party Pro-Life Group. If you want to see who else is on this charming board have a look here. If one of them's your MP, send them a stinking pileofshite letter.

Even leaving aside the nonsensical anti-abortion aspect, few things wind me up more than some bloke telling me what is good for women's equality. Perhaps I should write to him telling him that Catholics will only get the respect they deserve when they stop carrying pictures of a man on a stick? Would that go down well? Because I'm as well qualified to talk about that as he is to talk about this.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.