My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Has anyone ever had skin cancer? Not sure what to look for

3 replies

casey19 · 05/11/2021 09:41

Hello just looking for some advice. I have noticed some brown pigmentation spots on my legs arms and belly since going on the sunbeds 4 months ago to help with my bad eczema flare up I wasn't going in them for very long maybe 3 months 2 sessions per week , I had to stop due to falling pregnant again! I will be phoning the doctors later today to be on the safe side but I'm just looking for some advice in the mean time as I don't know how long I will have to wait for an appointment! Hopefully not too long. I hope it's nothing serious but I will attach photos below. Thank you

OP posts:
Newpuppymummy · 05/11/2021 09:45

If they are all concerned they will refer you under the two week pathway and you will be seen by a dermatologist.
I’m sure you already know that sunbeds are a leading cause of skin cancer. No judgement here as I went on sunbeds for years as a teenager, totally regret those choices now.

casey19 · 05/11/2021 09:55

@Newpuppymummy
That's good to know not too long to wait. Yeah I'm aware of all the risks but it was a stupid decision on my part and I will not be going on them again I guess I just thought i wouldn't be in this position for the sake of a few sessions until my eczema calmed down, what a silly way to think!

OP posts:
LakesideView · 05/11/2021 10:05

Suspected melanoma will be referred as an urgent “two week wait”. I’ve had skin cancer (although not a melanoma, a different type). I had a head to toe check because I’ve had other skin cancer in the last year. I have some brown spots similar to yours and they said they were just age spots. Obviously worth discussing with your GP but it’s generally dodgy looking moles that are melanomas…I’ve added a link to the NHS page about melanomas so you know what to look out for: www.nhs.uk/conditions/melanoma-skin-cancer/ hope you hear back quickly.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.