My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Late period - Unsure if there's a faint line on PGT

5 replies

W3STY17 · 08/09/2021 21:12

Hello..

My last period was on 23/06/21.

I haven't had any signs of coming on my period like I would normally experience.

I have been experiencing a lot of pain in my lower abdomen but doctors are pointing the pain & lateness towards my PCOS.

I took a pregnancy test on 24/08, I thought there was a faint line but DH didn't see it.

I took another test today & I also saw another faint line but again DH didn't see it.

It took ages for us to get a clear positive test with our 1st DD.

I'm going to contact the doctors again tomorrow to see what they say.

Is there anything I can do to the test photo to see if the line is clearer? As in make the photo a negative to see if the line shows clearer then?

I feel like I'm going crazy & I'm pretty sure my DH thinks the same too!

OP posts:
foobio · 08/09/2021 21:23

My early lines showed up more clearly in photos when I increased the contrast and put it in negative. Or post it on here and we can scrutinise it for you...

W3STY17 · 08/09/2021 22:11

This is the test..
I've tried to change the colouring to see if the line is more visible.
I'm probably going crackers & seeing things after not having a period for so long 🤦🏻‍♀️

OP posts:
ParisNext · 08/09/2021 22:23

Tell the GP that you did see a positive test but now faint as you need to be considered for ectopic given your symptoms; just to rule it out. Good luck.

W3STY17 · 08/09/2021 22:28

@ParisNext
Thank you. I'm going to call the doctors tomorrow morning as they wanted me to also once I'd done the test...

OP posts:
W3STY17 · 09/09/2021 14:49

My doctors have referred me to the early pregnancy department.

I'm feeling a little unsure, I'm sure there was a faint line but what if I get there & look a complete idiot.

I've been in pain with my lower abdomen for over a month now & been fobbed off by my doctors the whole time..

I'm just scared.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.