My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Period changes after double vaccine

11 replies

Goingbackto5oh5 · 30/08/2021 19:08

Has anyone experienced period changes after their covid vaccines, specifically the Pfizer ones? I had the mirena coil fitted August 2020 and had two menstrual cycles before my periods stopped altogether, including any period pains. 14th August I had my second vaccine and one week later had my first period in almost a year, and am now having period pains again only a couple of days after this cycle. It's possible that it's just because it's been a year that my body is trying to go back to how it was, but a huge part of me thinks it is because of the vaccine - I really didn't miss the joys of stabbing pains and hormonal acne ๐Ÿ™ƒ

OP posts:
13579db · 03/09/2021 13:22

Yes - vaccine end July, period not due until end august but came mid august.
I've now had the worst ovulation pain and tiredness and weakness in my legs for the last week or so. GP appt booked for next week.

I've always been regular, no period issues etc.

So worried really

VinoBianca · 03/09/2021 13:25

Yes - first period over three weeks late and then the next one came two weeks after that! Spotting in between too

13579db · 03/09/2021 13:25

Also periods much much heavier since vaccine

My crazy side thinks vaccine is some kind of dual purpose flu jab combined with population control affecting reproductive health but ignore me!

poorbuthappy · 03/09/2021 13:25

Yep, completely changed my cycle.
I've started to ask if they did any testing on women at all.

RainBow725 · 03/09/2021 13:29

Early period with both the vaccine (AZ) and COVID infection here.

Palavah · 03/09/2021 13:31

No changes at all

Goingbackto5oh5 · 04/09/2021 16:41

@poorbuthappy

Yep, completely changed my cycle.
I've started to ask if they did any testing on women at all.

100% second this.
OP posts:
LindaEllen · 09/09/2021 19:55

I'm currently 3 weeks after my second jab and a week late for my period. Haven't had sex since last period so not pregnant, but you know when your mind starts thinking 'could I be?!' Even when it's not possible ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

I was really unwell after my jab and I'm thinking that delayed ovulation. But I do keep getting cramps now so hopefully it shows up soon.

whatnextdandelions · 09/09/2021 20:16

friend has ovary problem following second vaccine, her gp told her that lots of patients have issues re ovaries following jabs, assume this affects womens periods etc

Thislittlefinger123 · 09/09/2021 20:20

Yep. Big changes still several cycles later.

user098683 · 09/09/2021 20:29

I was thinking of starting a thread with the same question!

My first period after was on time but really light, this one has been going on for 10 days Confused, a little bit heavier. Normally I have heavy periods with bad pain but no pain at all since my jab. Not complaining about that!

I know that your immune system and hormones are linked and that disrupted periods are common after illness / other vaccination. I've also had disrupted periods before due to major stress and dietary change so I'm not worried. Odd though.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.