My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Something not right down there

6 replies

changeofname890 · 10/05/2020 13:39

I had BV earlier this year. Had antibiotics and it cleared up. A month ago I noticed a slight smell again so had another course of antibiotics. 2 weeks ago I though it was coming back again so had to have a swab at the doctors. It's all come back clear. No infection or BV again. I bought some over the counter gel and it seemed to clear up.
But the last few days there's something not right. Just a slight smell, and thicker discharge, slight stinging. Could it be thrush?
Just feel unclean, keep washing which I'm sure is why I'm stinging, have even used a tampon to keep discharge in me!
Don't want to have sex as I'm embarrassed.

OP posts:
Princessbanana · 10/05/2020 13:43

Yep, sound exactly like thrush. You can get a pill for it in the chemist and it clears it up in a day or two at most.

Puds11 · 10/05/2020 13:44

If I get thrust I get a heavy/dragging feeling. Do you have that?

changeofname890 · 10/05/2020 13:51

It just doesn't feel quite right! Does thrush have a smell of any kind? I haven't got that awful fishy smell like BV but there is something slightly different to normal.
I'm stinging/burning today too. Perhaps I'll pop out to the chemist and get a tablet!

OP posts:
Princessbanana · 10/05/2020 21:55

It doesn’t smell that I’ve noticed but it is thick creamy discharge that I had. (Sorry) 😳it started off with a stinging and then started burning terribly. It was awful as it took me a while to realise what it was at first but now I no what to look out for. I usually get it in pregnancy at least once through the 9 months. Yes please go to the chemist tomorrow as it will get a lot worse if left untreated, you could end up burning from front to back!😕

Princessbanana · 10/05/2020 21:59

Also if you have a partner and have any reason to believe you had thrush when you slept with him, then I would advise you get him a pill as well. He could have it but show no symptoms but when the symptoms start to show, they are pretty sore and angry looking.😐

crimsonlake · 10/05/2020 22:41

Certainly do not have sex embarressed or not. Thrush generally is odour less, you probably have a UTI and need to get checked out.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.