My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

shaving pain

5 replies

labazsisgoingmad · 07/01/2020 20:56

i hear lots about shaving your lady garden so decided to give it a go. wish i hadnt. shaved it every day to keep it clear but i have so much rash my partner said it looks really sore. i have been putting on sudacream not sure how to spell it but i wonder if anything else i can do? also im just going to let it grow back now but how long does it take to grow back? are we talking days weeks months?

OP posts:
labazsisgoingmad · 08/01/2020 09:07

anybody able to help?

OP posts:
TDL2016 · 08/01/2020 13:14

Depends on how fast your hair grows! But I’d say you start seeing something after a week. Look out for ingrown hairs, shaving is the worst for them. I’d say get waxed next time you want to have a groom, it’s not painful and the results last weeks and weeks.

Glitterb · 08/01/2020 15:47

You can buy a solution that stops ingrown hairs which is fab!

I wax now as I got sick of the upkeep!

doadeer · 08/01/2020 15:49

I think a couple days you will feel stubble but maybe a couple weeks to actually grow back. I know lots of people shave but I hate shaving there. I always wax with hot wax, lasts ages, no rash or nasty growing itch.

Poor you, hope it feels better soon!

emmathedilemma · 08/01/2020 20:06

I fear it's going to be "pan scrub itch" for at least a week. Don't wear nylon pants or the static will be terrible! Smile

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.