My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention.

Women's health

Genital warts - nurse made me feel like I’m crazy!

0 replies

ClosetFashionista · 10/09/2018 19:06

I’ve just got back from an appointment at my local GUM clinic to have genital warts frozen. I’ve had them for about 4 or 5 years now and they won’t go away. I had some treatment initially, which didn’t work, so I decided I’d just try to live with them. Now I’m TTC and obviously trying to have a bit more sex (!) and it’s affecting my sex drive because I’m embarrassed about them. My husband knows I have them but it just makes me feel dirty. The nurse, who I haven’t seen before, just told me it was a “psychological problem”, that she had never seen someone have them for so long in 30 years in her job and that I’m basically going to have them forever and need to just learn to live with them. Left tearful and feeling deflated. Don’t know what to do. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar. The whole thing is not helping my (so far unsuccessful) conception efforts!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.