My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Weight Watchers

Trouble getting online with WW

4 replies

Nannewnannew · 02/03/2023 14:55

I’ve been given a 12 week course at WW by my GP and last evening attended my first meeting. I was surprised there were only 6 people there and virtually nothing to buy in the way of food or books. The leader went through the usual talk afterwards and said to sign up via the App. I was given no membership card, booklets or anything physical to get me started, just walked out with a scrap of paper with a number written on. Have tried to get on the App but it keeps telling me I have to pay to join etc. Am I being thick, impatient or just unlucky? Would love to hear if other people have had similar experiences.

OP posts:
Mumskisail · 05/03/2023 09:41

She sounds a bit pants! I think you join online through the app and all the info is on there now. They have sessions you can join where they explain the plan but I would think your local leader might still do that. I'm ok with the online version and virtual meetings on a video call.

You can find all the meetings near you. I just joined myself and it's quite good.

Mumskisail · 05/03/2023 09:47

Once you're signed into the app you can join a virtual session though your phone, tablet or laptop that will explain how it all works.

Then you should be set to go to meetings. There are virtual online meetings as well as the face to face ones. It suits me as I'm tech savvy but I know it's all a bit different if you're used to going in and getting a booklet etc...

Give it a go as it's quite good!

Trouble getting online with WW
Nannewnannew · 05/03/2023 16:29

@Mumskisail Thanks for your reply and advice, will try again!

OP posts:
Mumskisail · 06/03/2023 20:27

Great! Let me know how you get on. The video meetings on Zoom are quite good, you can join as many as you like!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.