My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Weight Watchers

Joining

4 replies

Thebag · 01/07/2018 10:09

Hi all. I'm thinking of re-joining. I'm trying to work out how to go about joining and what options are best. I don't know whether to do it online or join at a meeting and what option to go for - just meeting or meetings and online too.
I've been on n off WW for years. It seems to work for me - but I've put a load on in recent years - my mum with Alzheimer's and going in a nursing home. Two house moves and we're now in the middle of having an extension built. It's time to get myself sorted out now

OP posts:
Thebag · 01/07/2018 11:27

Anyone?

OP posts:
NT53NJT · 01/07/2018 11:31

Is weight watchers a lifestyle change that is sustainable or is it a diet ? I'm unsure

WowLookAtYou · 01/07/2018 11:35

I've just lost over 3 stone with WW and it's a lifestyle change more than a diet.
It's up to you which plan you go for, although for me I needed the discipline of going along to a class and physically getting on their scales (which are accurate) at the same time each week. I rarely stayed for the talk. I have also found the app very useful but you get that as part of your membership.
I really haven't found it hard to stick to, as if you deny yourself too much on a faddy diet, you just won't stick to it and you need to make the changes they recommend in life or you'll just get fat again

Good luck!

Thebag · 01/07/2018 12:19

Thanks @WowLookAtYou I think I'll go for the online and meeting package. I went to meetings about 10 years ago and it helped me to stay motivated - I've since tried doing ww myself online and haven't been able to stick to it. There's a meeting tomorrow night near me so I think I'll give it a try. I'm a bit nervous of walking in for the first time though. Should I wear a bag on my head so no one recognises me? 😀
@NT53NJT I hope this is a life change although I didn't keep the wight off I think I need to follow it right through to maintenance - not thinking when I've got to goal weight that that's it and go back to my old way of eating

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.