My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Weight Watchers

Getting back on the wagon (salad suggestions)

4 replies

81lilygirl · 06/05/2018 15:33

I'm so far off the wagon I can barely see it any more! The lovely weather and daughter's impending 2nd birthday have got me back to actually caring, so need to get going.

What are some of your best salad dressing (or interesting salad) ideas for low points? When it's hot that's all I really fancy and think it's a good, healthy way to get back on track.

I have 10 weeks to get a decent loss, so can definitely manage at least a stone (5stone in total to lose)

OP posts:
errorofjudgement · 07/05/2018 08:21

Last night I had tuna salad - though w/out dressing & it was really tasty
Little gem lettuce, tomatoes, celery, spring onion, grated carrot, tuna, boiled egg, and 100g of new potatoes boiled and sliced, with a squeeze of lemon juice. (2sp)

errorofjudgement · 07/05/2018 08:24

Do you like beetroot? This is a really strongly flavoured beetroot salad, cooked beetroot chopped and mixed in a dressing made from 0 point Greek yougurt, crushed fresh garlic, lemon juice and seasoning

3boysandababyontheway · 07/05/2018 08:30

I used to regularly make a salad type dish that I used to love when I was "on the wagon". I used the pre cooked frozen chicken tikka prices that come in a bag from Iceland. It is ready to eat once defrosted but I liked to put it the George foreman grill to cook it a bit more. I then cooked some tomatoes and peppers and chopped up lettuce. Tossed it all together with the smallest amount of lighter than light mayo. Yum!

81lilygirl · 07/05/2018 18:38

They sound like great ideas, I've stocked up 😀

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.