My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Weight Watchers

help, its not working!

9 replies

tortoisesarefab · 18/07/2014 10:16

Hi all, i have been an on line ww member for years now and have lost weight well on it. I have since put a stone and a half on (baby weight) and started up again a few weeks ago but it is a real struggle to lose weight. I get 26 pro points a week plus 49 extras and have stuck to it ridgedly(only used half of the 49 points and exercise regularly) but the weight loss is so slow 1lb off then put it back on again! Where am i going wrong?

Are my pro point values right? I am 5ft 2 and 11st 4 any help would be appreciated, getting so demotivated :(

OP posts:
SuperDuperJezebel · 18/07/2014 14:13

Sounds about right go me, but I really recommend eating all your weeklies. That's what they're for. Cutting thrm out/down doesnt guarantee quicker weight loss and using them all makes it more sustainable. Your body needs a certain amount of nutrition too or its going to go into starvation mode.

tortoisesarefab · 18/07/2014 20:30

Thanks for your reply. Maybe i was being unrealistic hoping for 2lb a week. I will try eating all my points and if no joy there will go to a meeting rather than on line. At least i will get more support there

OP posts:
SuperDuperJezebel · 20/07/2014 09:12

You are being really unrealistic, in the nicest possible way! I started off with 8 stone to lose and I would have considered 2lb lost a big loss for that week. You have much less to lose, so its not going to come off as fast. It probably seems like bloody hard work, but my theory is, it's not going to come off if you give up! You can do it! Talk to your leader as well, she/he is bound to have some good suggestions.

tortoisesarefab · 20/07/2014 14:34

Thanks, good to know I am not doing anything wrong. As long as I am losing I will take it that I am doing well. Going to start going to a class rather than just on line. Good luck with your weight loss

OP posts:
SuperDuperJezebel · 20/07/2014 21:31

Definitely - don't give up! I'm hoping ill get to goal in a few weeks, if im lucky (and sensible!).

MuttonCadet · 22/07/2014 10:36

Ah, that's where I'm going wrong, I'm not eating all my weeklies and the weight loss has slowed down considerably.

Thanks!

tortoisesarefab · 23/07/2014 20:13

We'll I have ate all my points this week, get weighed on sat so will see how I get on then!

muttoncadet I have had a few people tell me now that they lose better if they have one blow out day and eat most of their extras on

OP posts:
tortoisesarefab · 23/07/2014 20:14

One day. (Sorry phone was jumping all over the place before and made me post too early)

OP posts:
MuttonCadet · 23/07/2014 20:47

I like the idea of a blowout day, I've still 16 weeklies left and WI is tomorrow so I'll see how I get on.

Thanks for the advice.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.