My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Has anyone lost 7 stone? How was your body afterwards?

7 replies

womblingfree · 27/04/2009 10:00

That's roughly what I'd like/need to lose and although there are several things holding me back from doing so (not least underactive thyroid and complete lack of willpower ), I think part of me wonders if there will be any point as I'll probably be really saggy if I do manage it so won't be able to wear what I want and enjoy it anyway.

I'm 33, have just the one DD and unfortunately loathe exercise, although realise that will be vital - can cope with swimming, walking and dancing and am thinking about getting a bike.

I also want to do it myself - have dabbled with slimming clubs before and really not keen. I knwo what I need to do it's just getting my head in the zone that's the problem.

Any words of advice/encouragement much appreciated.

OP posts:
whyme2 · 27/04/2009 10:16

I understand what you mean about getting in the zone. I have lost a stone and a half over the last 5 months on my own. I got a bit discouraged because my belly started to sag and looked funny. I am starting again today and am aiming to lose 3 stone. Feel like I am ready to lose some more weight. I thought of joining a slimming club but it seems such a lot of money when I know how to lose weight. Mostley I am walking for excersie and I am going to do some skipping at home, where no one can see me!
Good luck womble - remember Rome wasn't built in a day.

kormachameleon · 27/04/2009 10:20

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

katiestar · 27/04/2009 11:09

I think slow weightloss and exercise are key.I am 41 and have lost nearly 1.5 stone .I am 'apple shaped so it nearly all has come off my tummy .The skin certainly seems to be shrinking.
Also I have heard that can take up to 2 years to contract ,so maybe people rush to the surgeon or at least complain before nature has had time to do its job.

alfiemama · 27/04/2009 13:09

Hi

I lost 7 stone after my first son, I really did eat all the pies when I was expecting.
But I was also on a fetility drug, so think this could have "helped" me gain so much weight.

I did what Katiestar said, and worked on the weightloss slowly. I would diet (my own, just low fat) lose about 1/2 stone and then maintain at that for a while, so that my body had time to re-adjust to me losing weight.

I can honestly say that, I am not saggy (well anymore than anyone else my age) and I didnt really exercise .

It kind of just sprang back, but I do think it depends on how you skin is anyway.

Good luck with losing the weight.

YanknCock · 27/04/2009 13:12

womble & korma, are you both me?

Unfortunately can't do too much about losing as I'm pregnant and have SPD, so just concentrating on not gaining as best I can. 23 weeks and I'm only up about 4 pounds.

But when this is over, am determined to get rid of this 7 stone.

kormachameleon · 27/04/2009 13:14

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

womblingfree · 27/04/2009 21:50

I'm certainly up for a bit of moral support! Am going to just try and be a bit more sensible for the next week or so before getting into it properly.

Had lousy day today, but did manage to resist having chips with my pizza and salad for tea - like you say Rome wasn't built in a day!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.