Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Why can't I stick to a diet??????

2 replies

lunavix · 29/03/2009 16:32

I've never had a problem before. I put on a lot of weight with ds and lost it easily with Weightwatchers. Then I put on a smaller amount with dd and lost it easily with Slimming World.

Then I split up with H, moved house twice and started Uni and have put on a busload of weight with no small child to blame (I am now 11 stone which is worse than I have ever been after a child.)

I've tried WW since, SW since, Lighter life and now Cambridge since and I'm just bored. I can't be bothered to stick to anything, I don't have the time really to cook, I don't have much time or energy to exercise, and even worse I now like junk food.

Someone please come kick me up my increasingly lardy ass

OP posts:
ShyTalk · 29/03/2009 19:08

lunavix - 11 stone isn't that awful, but maybe heavier than you would like. I could kick your arse/ass from here to kingdom come, but it wouldn't make you lose weight. You won't lose weight until you choose to. There is a simple equation - 1. my desire to lose weight is greater than my desire to eat foods that make me fat OR 2. my desire to eat foods that make me fat is greater than my desire to lose weight. Until you (and only you) decide that 1. is the answer, it won't happen. When it does, have fun shopping for smaller trousers. Good luck, and don't hate yourself in the meantime.

catinthehat1 · 29/03/2009 19:24

Some people are liking the Paul McKenna I can Make You Thin thing (search for threads). AFAI can see from the threads, no diets,no kicking arses, just normalising your eating habits and changing behaviours. Might be worth a look?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.