Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

can anyone tell me my points allowance?

5 replies

Stargazing · 16/06/2008 21:52

sorry, I'm having trouble with the WW website - was on core plan, tried to change over and it's not telling me how many points I'd be allowed.

Height - 5'10"
weight - 10 stone 5
goal - 9 stone 10

thanks!

OP posts:
Ags · 16/06/2008 23:17

You work it out like this :-

Female - 3 points

Breastfeeding? No = 0 points, exclusively = 10 points, breastfeeding and weaning = 5 points

Age - 16-20 = 5, 21-35 = 4, 36-50 = 3, 51-65 = 2, over 65 = 1

Weight - You are allowed one point for every stone of weight (dont include the pounds). So, if you weigh 10 stone, you are allowed 10 points.

Height - Under 5'4" = 1, over 5'4" = 2.

Day to day life - Sitting down most of the time = 0, ocassionally sitting down but mostly standing = 2, walking most of the time = 4, Doing physically hard work most of the time = 6.

Stargazing · 17/06/2008 00:00

thanks loads for that! based on that it'd be 26 ... seems rather a lot, but I guess it's because of the breastfeeding ... my weight has plateaued and I really hope that this will kickstart some more loss.. is it bad/ counterproductive to go under your allowance?

OP posts:
Ags · 17/06/2008 18:52

Yes breastfeeding will give you quite a few extra points which you will need. The target weight you mention gives you a bmi of 20 and you are currently 21. They always say that the last bit is the most tricky so I wish you very well. Do you go to a meeting?

Stargazing · 17/06/2008 21:05

no ... just online. I did the meetings years ago and didn't really fancy them .. it may have just been the area I live in but the other members all seemed to focus on how they could eat crappy, pre-packaged, processed stuff and still stay within their points allowance ... not really my approach, since I'm pretty health-conscious, vegan etc etc .. I found it all a bit depressing. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I will work hard to get this last half stone or so OFF!!

OP posts:
Ags · 17/06/2008 22:39

Good luck with it! And don't be too hard on yourself!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.