Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

BigMoFos w/c 11 January

123 replies

WigWamBam · 12/01/2008 16:59

New thread

OP posts:
JackieNo · 12/01/2008 19:22

Salad? Well, it's no more than I deserve, I guess.

Thanks WWB for doing the weights again.

WigWamBam · 12/01/2008 20:35

I thought maybe we should have something virtuous this time for a change.

Oh, but what the heck. Let's share a doughnut. This one should just about do it ...

OP posts:
JackieNo · 12/01/2008 20:37

Lol - that'll do for us, what about the rest of them.

colditz · 12/01/2008 21:04
MightyMoosh · 12/01/2008 21:33

is it bad thing that Im eating a mini-mars as I read this? probly. I do remember when Evans was fairly shite, not just far too dear! We had, in Truro, a shop called Etams that had an outsized section, but it turned into dorethey blummin perkins. Di manage to find a m&co in Twickenham, not seen one of those outside newquay, they are having a good sale and I got loads at christmas.

I bought a bra! firt time I've dared in a long time. Have gone from a 42G to a 48DD, troubling or just proof Im crap at sizing! Was only £10, Evans of course. Where else do you lovely birds get your bras? used to get them from catalogues, back when I had a regular address!

JackieNo · 12/01/2008 21:43

I go to Bravissimo - am currently a 38FF, sometimes a G, depending on the style, I think (but I thought I was something like a 40DD before). Would definitely recommend them, but you need to go in and be measured (actually, looked at, probably - they do it by eye), at least the first time.

colditz · 12/01/2008 22:40

I am very lucky to have a damn good bra shop in my small rural town, and if they don't have what I want, they will order it.

(Name and acclaim - Harwayes!)

MrsJohnCusack · 13/01/2008 09:00

hello mofos
Am still notreally with it, still having broken nights and unable to get to grips with anything really. and now, struggling with the MOST ENOURMOUS stomach, I look 6 months gone. I think it's trapped wind it is very sore BUT the size of my stomach does seems outlandish. Has this happened to anyone else -it's vile. Keep getting those flutters as though it's a baby's first kicks but realistically I know it's wind.

last time this happened I had a great big ovarian tumour, I don't think I have anything like that this time but I can't help feeling slightly concerned...

JackieNo · 13/01/2008 09:19

. Not something I've really had, I'm afraid (my stomach's like that all the time). Can you get Rennie Deflatine over there? It's tablets that are basically the same stuff that's in Infacol. But can't remember if you're still bf or not, so you'd need to check if it's OK if you are. And maybe just get it checked out by the doctor, if you're worried (and I can definitely see why you might be feeling like that).

MrsJohnCusack · 13/01/2008 09:28

I think it's trapped wind
I'll have to investigate at the pharmacists but you can't take anything while you're breastfeeding I don't think.

I soooo want to get back on track and rejoin. I have lost about 2 of the 5 or so pounds I'd put on, but don't want to rejoin until I'm back to where I was. IYSWIM.

my stomach is so so so trashed now though. I used to at least have a waist. It's GONE

tinx · 13/01/2008 09:29

when that happened to me after ds i drank loads of warm water and stayed clear of crappy carbs it does help

MrsJohnCusack · 13/01/2008 09:38

oh dear, crappy carbs ar epretty much my nemesis

although I must say I've lost my appetite a bit today (^most unusual)

I should drink more water, definitely

tinx · 13/01/2008 09:44

those carbs, there evil

WigWamBam · 13/01/2008 10:16

I'm not sure I agree with the "carbs are evil" school of thought. Although that may be more to do with the fact that if I gave up carbs, I'd struggle to find anything to eat that wasn't chocolate ...

OP posts:
colditz · 13/01/2008 11:37

I have tried to pretty much drop bread, pasta and noodles, because they seem to be addictive. I'm only half kidding, if I start eating them I will eat until I can eat no more (and that's a lot of food) whereas with potatoes, I don't have that same compulsion.

Hecate · 13/01/2008 13:30

Hi folks!

How's everyone doing?

I know what you mean about the carbs, I'm totally bloody addicted! Actually, I saw a dr who said that they actually ARE! white bread etc, apparently something in the way your body processes it all, and the high & low and stuff, means you crave it more and more and can suffer withdrawl symptoms - physical ones!

I'm not talking addiction like fags or heroin!! but it does do stuff to your body and cause problems.

Apparently.

Anyway. I'm feeling HUUUUUUNGRY! breakfast was 2 slices wholegrain toast. Lunch was a salad with a dollop of extra low fat philly, a yoghurt and a banana. I've only just finished it and I'm still hungry! [piggie emoticon]

How's the new year going for everyone?

WigWamBam · 13/01/2008 14:01

It's processed carbs that are the problem, as far as I understand it; white bread, pasta and rice. Wholegrain/wholemeal and unprocessed carbs like spuds are fine - slow-release of energy and all that.

Taking out an entire food group can't be all that healthy.

Nice to see you, Hecate

OP posts:
Hecate · 13/01/2008 14:04

And you, WWB. You don't seem to be around MN much any more, only place I see you is on here.

Yes, I am complaining. I miss you.

WigWamBam · 13/01/2008 14:28

Sorry

Have really lost my Mumsnet groove and can't seem to get it back!

Can't be bothered with the same old arguments over and over again, can't even be faffed with the things that used to wind me up.

And even Chat is crap nowhere near as good as it was ... the wit and the humour and the intelligence are just so hard to find these days underneath all the dross.

And I hardly know anyone these days!

OP posts:
colditz · 13/01/2008 14:32

oh I still eat carbs, I eat cereal and potatoes, and weightwatchers bread sometimes, I am just avoiding pasta and noodles because I have bno control whatsoever, and weightwatchers idea of a portion of noodles is about 1/3 of what I like to eat!

colditz · 13/01/2008 14:34

I miss you too WWB, I miss your wit, but I know what you mean about the dross. And the journalists pretending to be mothers, not very convincingly either, and the HunXXXmummies.

Ahhh but maybe I am part of the dross, being miserable and cynical and far too frequent a visitor?

WigWamBam · 13/01/2008 14:35

I remember seeing our old Rosemary Conley instructor measure out a portion of pasta and thinking "That's my first mouthful sorted out; where's the rest?"! They always said to have pasta or rice as a side-dish, but I like big bowlfuls of the stuff as a main meal.

Portion control is not my thing either ...!

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

WigWamBam · 13/01/2008 14:38

Oh no, no, no - you're definitely not part of the dross, Colditz. You're one of the posters whose humour and intelligence I miss amongst all the xxxhunsxxx and the posters who discuss with all the intelligence and insight of a bunch of six year olds.

The journalists get my goat too; they are so transparent, but no-one seems to bother.

What I want is Mumsnet circa about three years ago ... I felt at home there, but I don't really feel I fit in anymore.

OP posts:
colditz · 13/01/2008 14:47

I found Mumsnet about 3 years ago ... if I had found it last week I think I may have made my home on the BadMothersClub

But no, I jest, it still has it's great moments!

WigWamBam · 13/01/2008 15:22

I thought you'd been here longer than me, colditz - I found MN about 3.5 years ago.

I wish I could find some of those great moments ... haven't laughed out loud at anything here for aaaaages.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.