Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

My Fitness Pal vs WeightLossResources

LuckyLou7 · 25/09/2019 18:19

One is American and free to use.
The other is British and there's a monthly fee.

I can't actually see the difference. Is there one? Both food databases are extensive, there is a community message board to post for support, facility to write a journal and document all food and exercise on a daily basis.

Does anyone use either resource to help them on their weight loss journey? I am going on the holiday of a lifetime in January 2020 and am determined to get to my healthy weight by then and due to my shift pattern at work, going to a weight loss group isn't possible, so it has to be online - I need the additional incentive, I can't do it all alone!

Your thoughts would be appreciated - I'm think MFP because it's free but am I missing out on something WLP offers?

OP's posts:
Please
or

crosser62 · 25/09/2019 18:21

I have used MFP for years.
It’s great and easy.

Please
or

LuckyLou7 · 25/09/2019 19:08

Have you looked at WLR, out of interest? I'm finding it hard to see why anyone would opt to pay for a service that seems identical to a free one, but being a thicko, I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

crosser62 · 25/09/2019 20:32

No I’ve not. I just get along with MFP and I find it really easy.

Please
or

LuckyLou7 · 25/09/2019 20:33

MFP it is then. I can save £7.95 a month and put it towards my new holiday wardrobe instead - thank you for answering!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bloodycats · 25/09/2019 20:37

I use MFP too, no way would I pay when I can get it for free.
As an aside FIIT have a good app that have lots of free workouts on it too. I hate doing the same one over and over so have found this brilliant for days when I can’t get to the gym.

Please
or

LuckyLou7 · 25/09/2019 20:47

OH that's really helpful, thank you, I'll get downloading! I can do this.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DottieLottie1 · 25/09/2019 21:47

Don't look at a thing else, MFP is brilliant IF you have the will power, I've lost 2.5 stone in 3 months, I've got another 10 lb to go. All good, don't waste money!

Please
or

bingandflop · 26/09/2019 18:07

Hate MFP tbh, very American based and I don't like the format. I pay £3.99 for the nutracheck app. Its brilliant, money very well spent

Please
or

Crazzzycat · 26/09/2019 18:23

Another one here who can’t stand MFP, or My Fitness Hell as I prefer to call it. I just don’t find it very intuitive to use 🙈

I use Chronometer, which is great if you cook mainly from scratch. It gives a very detailed breakfast of nutrients, which is a service you have to pay for with MFP.

It’s totally transformed my eating habits. The first thing I now ask myself about food isn’t really if it’s tasty or not, but what nutrients it’s going to provide me with. It may sound a bit extreme, but it’s actually made it a lot easier for me to turn down “treats” and find healthier options.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.