Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Has anyone used a delivery diet plan?

Shelvesoutofbooks · 03/09/2019 10:55

Wondering if anyone has used a diet plan delivery service and if yes has it worked for you/what would you recommend?

I am trying to shift roughly 15-20 ibs and get healthier/fitter overall but I don't have time to cook/meal plan for now.

I've looked at jane plan/diet chef etc but wasn't very impressed.

On a side note - after entering my weight height into one of those services to see if they fit, it said my bmi of 25 is pre- obese. I get it's just a pressure selling tactic but surely a bmi of 25 is really not pre obese??

OP's posts:
Please
or

StormcloakNord · 03/09/2019 11:28

Following as I've seriously thought about this the last few weeks as Im studying and just dont have the mental capacity to meal plan/track calories

Please
or

MacaroonMama · 03/09/2019 13:12

Saying a BMI of 25 is 'pre-obese' is such drivel! Anything can be pre-obese if you go on to become obese! Otherwise it is just a BMI of 25, no drama, at the top end of a healthy BMI. If you have tiny bones and feel 25 is too big for you, fine. Or you may have a beautifully healthy pear shape, and big hands, feet, shoulders etc so 25 is perfect for you! But pre-obese? Good grief!

Please
or

Lellochip · 03/09/2019 13:22

I used Prepperfect.co.uk for a while and was pretty happy with it. The meals come pre-prepared in individual boxes, just 2 or 3 minutes in the microwave. It's not cheap, but it took all the thought of planning, cooking, avoiding junk etc out of my day. Only stopped out of guilt lol. I should be able to cook for myself, and feeling all the delivery packaging and endless plastic Tupperware isn't exactly eco friendly. Haven't tried any others to compare.

Please
or

Herefortheduration · 03/09/2019 13:28

pre-obese

😂

Please
or

Shelvesoutofbooks · 03/09/2019 14:26

Pre obese at 25.26 😂

OP's posts:
Please
or

Shelvesoutofbooks · 03/09/2019 14:27

Trying to attach photo

Has anyone used a delivery diet plan?
OP's posts:
Please
or

Puppylucky · 03/09/2019 14:31

I used diet chef a few years ago and lost a lot of weight. Some of the food is vile but other stuff is OK. In the end however like any highly restricted diet I got bored and started to eat normally again and put most of the weight back on. I would say though that it did reducate me regarding portion size (it's basically just very small freeze dried ready meals) which is probably why I didn't put all the weight back on.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.