Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Cambridge diet

Momof2boys1girl · 02/09/2019 11:13

Hi, my sister started this diet 12 weeks ago and has lost 3 stones. She looks amazing. I am
So overweight and spurred on with how she looks. Iโ€™m going with her tonight to meet the consultant and start the journey. Has anyone got any success stories to share with me? ๐Ÿ˜

OP's posts:
Please
or

HugoSpritz · 02/09/2019 12:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Momof2boys1girl · 02/09/2019 12:32

Thanks for replying! I know quick fixes arenโ€™t for the long term but for me I need to see results fast. Wink

OP's posts:
Please
or

Momof2boys1girl · 02/09/2019 12:33

Congratulations on your weightloss

OP's posts:
Please
or

CatherineLife1 · 02/09/2019 12:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

CatherineLife1 · 02/09/2019 12:49

Wink
Please
or

HugoSpritz · 03/09/2019 13:27

Please
or

Momof2boys1girl · 03/09/2019 14:37

Half way through day 1, so far so good ๐Ÿ˜‚

OP's posts:
Please
or

ComftyCushion · 03/09/2019 14:47

I did this a few years ago to lose weight quickly, lost a stone in 3 weeks, put it straight back on. My sister in law did it strictly for a few months.. worked amazingly well , lost over 4stone... put it all back on when going back to normal eating.
A friend of a friend is one of the champions for it.. she has kept her weight off but she is sooo careful about everything she eats still. I don't think it's suitable for getting weight off and then maintaining without being miserable with food forever.
I would say though that it may be good as a quick fix but then you must start doing exercise and being active if you want to maintain without being on it Forever.

Please
or

Mimosa1 · 03/09/2019 17:03

I'm curious what the Cambridge specificities steps are for moving into maintenance/ maintaining? I'm good at losing weight but very bad at keeping it off!

Please
or

HugoSpritz · 04/09/2019 16:09

Please
or

Magissa · 04/09/2019 16:18

I loved it. I went from 15.13 to 12. 7 stone in 3 months then lost a further stone in the following six weeks. I have kept it off since (9 years) despite people saying I wouldnt. The hardest bit is the first few days. Drink plenty of water... Good luck!

Please
or

Mimosa1 · 07/09/2019 14:16

Thanks @HugoSpritz and @Magissa that's amazing!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.