Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Any success on Cambridge diet?

lnp180597 · 16/07/2019 22:07

Debating on trying this diet as I’ve gained loads of weight on my current contraception, I also have PCOS so looking for best way to keep my weight down to reduce symptoms! Thanks in advance! X

OP's posts:
Please
or

iddybiddymum · 16/07/2019 22:14

My friend did it and it was very strict but he did lose weight.
If I could recommend anything it would be try 16:8 intermittent fasting ( have a look on google).
It's less regimented and you have the freedom to still eat!! I have always struggled with my weight and I do 16:8 mon - fri most weeks and I have managed to feel a lot more happier with my weight

Please
or

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 · 16/07/2019 23:25

I lost 5 stone on this diet back in 2013.
It’s bloody hard
But bloody effective. You lose about a stone a month. That said, it’s very easy to put it all back on when you’ve finished it (I did!)

Please
or

Nojo82 · 18/07/2019 15:38

I started this yesterday. Hoping to lose the weight needed then try and maintain it. So worried that I’ll put it all back on again.

Please
or

AllGoodDogs · 18/07/2019 21:23

It does work, but I would say save your money and buy supermarket own brand meal replacements instead if you can be motivated enough to go it alone without a consultant appointment each week.

Please
or

Orangesox · 18/07/2019 21:29

^^ this is terrible advice! Supermarket own brand meal replacements are intended to be used alongside a meal and therefore do not contain 1 third of your daily recommended minerals and vitamins. If you want to do a VLCD (Very low calorie diet); make sure you use a product designed to be used in this manner.

If you wish to try a cheaper alternative/do without the weekly meetings there are products such as slim and save, or exante which are total meal replacement solutions.

Please
or

AllGoodDogs · 20/07/2019 16:38

Sorry OP, yes I did mean in that 2 meal replacements plus one meal. Like the slim fast plan but cheaper.

Please
or

amusedbush · 21/07/2019 14:05

I lost three stone in ten weeks over 2016/2017. I went on to lose even more through calorie counting and exercise, but then I had a mental health relapse in 2018 and gained it all back (plus another half a stone) Blush

Back on the Exante wagon tomorrow.

Please
or

Alwaysrebooting · 28/07/2019 16:51

Did you start it, OP? I've just made an appointment with a consultant for this week as I'm at the end of my tether trying to control my weight gainBlush. I think I need the discipline and am hoping this diet system will help- cheaper than replacing my wardrobe!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.