Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Bariatric Surgery

User9797 · 18/03/2019 18:17

Anyone had bariatric surgery on here? I'm 21, 5ft3 and almost 20 stone, I suffer with an eating disorder and I've done lots of therapy etc, nothing has helped. I've tried every single diet, exercise etc and still nothing. Starting to think I might be type 2 diabetic as well but need to get tested. Just want to know peoples experiences, any help would be appreciated!

OP's posts:
Please
or

User9797 · 23/03/2019 22:14

Bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

CivillyServant · 25/08/2019 10:06

I had surgery 5 weeks ago. I went to the GP as I suspected diabetes. I was a tiny fraction off being diabetic but they referred me to the bariatric team. I expected them to put me on a diet but they approved me for surgery. I had to have psychotherapy first, during which I lost 15kg. I would have been happy just to have more psychotherapy but I agreed to surgery as I am 36 and want to have kids but was told that being overweight is likely to affect their health. I’ve lost 1.5 stone in the 5 weeks since surgery. It’s not easy and you need to reprogram yourself but it’s worth it

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.