Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Slimming world again??

Rolypolypie · 21/02/2019 19:05

I wonder if anyone can help me, please? I am hugely overweight and doing it myself isn't working. I have all the misery but so little motivation. I am thinking of going to SW again tonight, but I must have joined 20 times before and given up after a couple of weeks. Could this time really by any different? Does anyone have any stories of positive results on their 400th time, or is this madness?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Acrasia · 21/02/2019 21:20

Perhaps you might find a different diet easier to stick to. I tried SW quite a few times and I just didn’t take to it, but I know a few people who have lost between 6 and 9 stone and kept it off.

If you still want a group environment perhaps try WW. If not then it would be worth checking out other options. For me I can only lose successfully if I cut out sugar, because my cravings disappear.

Please
or

Groovee · 24/02/2019 07:52

I've done a few weight loss plans. Personally I find you need to be in the right frame of mind. I'm 5.5st lighter now and have maintained for 11 months now. I definitely think my mindset helps with this rather than returning to my old ways.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.