Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

How does slim fast work

rockcakesrock · 02/07/2018 14:12

I have seen the shakes but does any one know the science behind it. Does it work?

OP's posts:
Please
or

foodiefil · 02/07/2018 14:20

The science is you're eating less calories than you're burning so you lose weight

It's a waste of money

Look up Team RH fitness or just download My Fitness Pal and work it out yourself

Please
or

rockcakesrock · 02/07/2018 15:33

Is it supposed to blow you up so that you don’t feel hungry

OP's posts:
Please
or

OutComeTheWolves · 02/07/2018 19:58

I did slim fast about 6 years ago & kept the weight off (except for a post baby blip!) It pretty much works by reducing your calories. I think you'd get the same results if you drank a yazzoo milkshake for breakfast & one for lunch then had your tea.

It worked for me partially because it was so restrictive there wasn't much room to cheat, but mainly because I had a huge problem with over eating and I felt it sort of reset my appetite and made me realise I didn't need as much as I thought to feel full. Obviously I could have done this myself with calorie counting & portion control, but like I said the restrictiveness worked for me.

The most important thing I found was coming off it. I started with breakfasts & made sure I could replace my morning shake with something nutritious with a similar amount of calories then when I'd grasped that I'd did the same for my lunches. I was very aware that if I just went back to my old eating habits the weight would just go back on.

I used slimfast as a last resort and when I came off it, I vowed never to give another penny of my money to the diet industry and I'm pleased to say I've managed to stick to that.

Please
or

rockcakesrock · 02/07/2018 21:12

I have lost almost my goal of 2stone but the last few pounds are difficult. I am fine all day but am tempted to snack at night. So I thought maybe a shake at about 5 instead of dinner might fill me up.

OP's posts:
Please
or

foodiefil · 02/07/2018 21:52

Have a glass of milk?

Please
or

rockcakesrock · 06/07/2018 22:57

Well I have lost 3lb by replacing one meal a day with the shake. I am not sure if my loss of appetite is due to the hot weather or because the stuff tastes disgusting.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.