My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

How much weight do you put on whilst on holiday?

10 replies

lilibet · 10/08/2004 13:40

Since March I have lost 11 lb, not fantastic but at least heading in the right direction. Next Tuesday I go to France and I know that the majority of this will go back on. I hate being austere whilst on holiday, I want baguttes and gorgeous jam for breakfast, I must have oozy cheeses for lunch and I really really must drink enough wine to fill a few football stadiums. All that along with the odd day strolling round a chateau or thru the village market and the rest of the time lounging around with a book and a beer/ bottle of wine means that I will hate myself when I get back to my scales.

What do you do?

OP posts:
CountessDracula · 10/08/2004 13:42

Well I just got back from a week in france and hurrah hadn't put on a lb!

I had croissants/pain au raisin for breakfast, lots of oozy cheese and bread for lunch and meat and salad usually for dinner. Try to avoid carbs in the eve and you should be ok.

batey · 10/08/2004 13:48

I have lost a stone since March and have just been away for a week. I put on 2 1/2 lb, less than I anticipated as I just ate what I wanted. We were in devon so I had fish and chips, ice creams, pasties, cream teas etc. All i did to balance this was have things like big fruit salads for breakfasts or salads for either lunch or dinner. It seems to have worked. HTH, have fun!

lilibet · 10/08/2004 13:49

I'm a veggie, so avoiding carbs is always a bit difficult.

Well done tho' I'm envious

OP posts:
motherinferior · 10/08/2004 14:03

I spent a week in France and regret to say stuffed myself and returned distinctly porkier. Thing is, Lillibet, can you really face being in France and not scoffing anything deliciously scoffable?

I think the thing to do is to come back looking rested and gorgeously relaxed, thus compensating for the porkiness. And let's face it, there are few more relaxing things than lounging around with a book and a glass of wine...sigh ...look at it as an Alternative Beauty Treatment?

motherinferior · 10/08/2004 14:23

Also if you are considering another baby you OWE it to yourself to wade kneedeep in booze and soft cheese while it's still available.

lilibet · 10/08/2004 15:20

Ah but I have to get married first motherinferior and I would rather glide elegantly than waddle porker like!

and I only said I am considering!

OP posts:
LunarSea · 10/08/2004 19:41

I managed to gain 8.25 lbs in 2 days on a weekend trip to Italy. Now daren't even contemplate going away for a week or longer at a time

Hulababy · 10/08/2004 19:49

I'm off to Florida on Thursday and I just know I am going to end up putting on loads of pounds! Diet starts Bank Holiday Monday!!!

lilibet · 10/08/2004 20:13

Wow, 8.25 lbs is an awful lot of pasta and chianti! Bet it was good tho'

OP posts:
LunarSea · 10/08/2004 20:31

Sadly it wasn't actually much at all. Unfortuantely anything with wheat in - even in quite small quantities - seems to have that dramatic (and very annoying) effect on me. And with pasta, bread or pizza dough at every meal - even for only two days....

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.