My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Right thats it!! Im biting the bullet and going to slimming world at 7pm this evening......what can I expect???

18 replies

tiredemma · 25/04/2007 17:42

Im fed up with trying to diet alone with no success, I need help.

just looked at SW, and as luck would have it, they have a session this evening at 7pm, so I have plucked up the courage to go along.

what happens? is is like fat fighters??

OP posts:
tiredemma · 25/04/2007 17:47

come on guys, i need some one to literally force me out the door here.

OP posts:
Surfermum · 25/04/2007 17:49

Go, it'll be worth it. I've lost 2st 3lb with SW. Sorry can't post more now as dd's tea is ready. But go!

PandaG · 25/04/2007 17:49

first sesion, I would expect you to be weighed, along with everyone else. no one except you and your consultant will know what you weigh. THen you will have the group discussion section, highest loser of the week will be celebrated, tips on healthy eating shared, and at the end you and any other new people will have the diet explained. There should be no shaming, and lots of encouragement. hth

tiredemma · 25/04/2007 17:56

ta! really need to do something about my weight, its making me feel down.

will let you know how it all goes x

OP posts:
Mumbojumbo · 25/04/2007 17:56

First you'll get to have a chat with the consultant who should explain about SW. Then you'll have an opportunity to get weighed and this will be recorded on your weekly sheet and in your book. There will probably be a talk about one of the plans or maybe a recipe. The consultant will go through weight losses in the group and the highest loser get the Slimmer of the Week certificate and goody bag. Any problems/concerns can also be raised in this bit. It's quite relaxed and in our group there is quite a lot of banter! If you didn't want your loss made public then that shouldn't be a problem.

I've lost nearly 3.5st with SW and I've really enjoyed the plans/weekly meet/making new friends.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Cheers
mj

lifesteeth · 25/04/2007 18:01

I just have images of Marjory Dawes

Surfermum · 25/04/2007 18:33

Hope you're on your way .

Surfermum · 25/04/2007 18:35

It's nothing like that lifesteeth. The groups really help motivate me, I've met some lovely people and we've encouraged each other along the way, and you get to pick up really good tips about recipes and what's good to eat. There is absolutely nothing about it that resembles that sketch.

lifesteeth · 25/04/2007 19:29

Sorry, didnt mean to offend, its just that my son is obsessed with the marjory dawes character and whenever I ask what he fancies to eat he does an impression of her and all slimming clubs remind me of it . no offense

tiredemma · 25/04/2007 20:48

Oh it was fab, why didnt I do it ages ago?

Made me feel really welcome, and not only that- its clear from the other people there that its possible to lose weight without living off lettuce.

One lovely lady who was really friendly has lost 5 stone since august last yr 5 STONE!!!!

just wonder what to do for food tomorrow now, any ideas what day its best to start on?

OP posts:
Mumbojumbo · 25/04/2007 20:56

Well done for going. I think the first one is by far the most difficult. If you go to the Slimming World website you can download a weeks menu plan which will get you going. Do you prefer pasta, spuds, veggie type meals or meat / fish based? I do mainly green as I love pasta/couscous veggie meals. Have a search on the slimming thread as there are some great meal ideas.
Good luck!
mj

fireflyfairy2 · 25/04/2007 20:59

Come join us on the slimmingworld thread for lots of meal ideas!!!

Depending what you usually like, pasta etc then start on a green day, if you usually eat more meat then go for original days

Good Luck with your first week Emma

fireflyfairy2 · 25/04/2007 21:00

If I had actually read MJ's last post then I wouldn't have said the exact same as her oops.... lol

Sparkler1 · 25/04/2007 21:02

tiredemma - well done for going. It's a great weight loss plan. Deffo come and join us over on the SW thread. Look forward to seeing you there!
PS - Did you ever get that Miriam S book ok - and was it alright?

tiredemma · 25/04/2007 21:11

oh yes!! thanks sparkler, yes it was a a great help, I handed my assignment in on monday- thanks again x

OP posts:
tiredemma · 25/04/2007 21:12

thanks everyone, its really helpful

OP posts:
Sparkler1 · 25/04/2007 21:15

That's good news! See you on the other thread then. Good luck for your first week.

PandaG · 25/04/2007 22:25

I used to be a SW consultant a long time ago, and am vaguely following the eating plan now - I lost 4 lbs last week. Well done for going, I hope that you find the advice easy to follow and have a healthy sustained weight loss.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.