Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

BigMoFo's week 43

77 replies

suejonez · 02/03/2007 08:41

And a fresh new start....

OP posts:
suejonez · 02/03/2007 08:43

just realised that I have lost 42lbs in 42 weeks. I only wish I could keep that going!

OP posts:
MrsJohnCusack · 02/03/2007 09:07

sue that is fab isn't it - 42 pounds! bloody well done

suejonez · 02/03/2007 09:09

and if you remember I had such a slow start. A pound a week doesn;t sound much does it but here I am a few hours (?!) later 3 stone lighter. I'm terrified about keeping it off though. Have done this before - lost three stone put it back on.

How are you MrsJC? You'll be a few stone lighter shortly

OP posts:
MrsJohnCusack · 02/03/2007 09:13

there'll be no putting it back on again with the mofos thread to help you out....(But I know what you mean - have done the same myself, grrrr)

Am OK, but very, very fed up. Need to give birth in the next 2 days to get the midwife I know, and I really did want to have her. Induction booked for a week today, really, really don't want to make it that far. but there is nothing one can do!

JackieNo · 02/03/2007 09:23

Well done Sue and CheesyFeet. Thanks for sorting this Sue - I was just about to come on and check if I needed to do them, but you'd got there first.

MrsJohnCusack, looks like our labour vibes aren't working. Will still send them, but we obviously need to turbo charge them a bit.

littlemisssensible · 02/03/2007 10:39

Well done Chessyfeet and well done sue (even if it was over 2 weeks!)

I'm feeling more positive today and I'm ready to have a much better week this week!

It ought to be a 'fitter' week as the car is currently undrivable and our mechanic is on holiday until the 15th so I'm going to be walking and bussing for a while! We had thought it was the run of the mill breakdown but have been listening to the 'contaminated' fuel reports with interest as we live on the south coast, always fill up in Tesco's and the fault is linked to an anti pollution sensor (whatever one of those is!)! Dh is busy trying to take samples of fuel in our tank and looking for reciepts etc! I just want the 'rude words'car back!

JackieNo · 02/03/2007 10:43

Oh no littlemisssensible - poor you. I keep hearing about all that on the news. Still, you seem to be looking on it in a good positive way. Lots of walking, eh? Hope it's as sunny with you as it is here today - gorgeously spring-like.

littlemisssensible · 02/03/2007 11:19

I'm actually enjoying the walking and even the bus rides but it really brings home how useless public transport is!

There are 2 companies operating in Portsmouth so I have to get 2 weekly run around passes(one does in town, local stuff and the other does from seafront to outlieing towns etc). You'd have thought that someone could have come up with a combined one! And they never seem to arrive when they should so I'm having to leave much earlier than I should really need to to be places!

It's a good job I'm the boss because I've had to cut my hours to be able to get dd to and from school! Although next week I'm going to utilize the after school homework club so that I can make up a few hours! Dh has also been told he'll have to drop her off on the bike each morning to make life easier! She loves that as she gains great cudos for arriving in full leathers and helmet!

JackieNo · 02/03/2007 11:31

Sounds very cool, littlemisssensible.

CheesyFeet · 02/03/2007 12:49

Ooooh a crown

lovely

Thanks all for the well dones, means a lot

All that talk of "disappearing women" on the old thread was very interesting... not sure that it applies to me yet, in fact I'm gutted that I've lost nearly a stone and no-one has noticed at work! I suppose if I didn't have so much to lose it would be more obvious. Hey ho.

42lb in 42 weeks SueJonez - that's fantastic, well done

Mrs JC, uber vibes coming your way

LMS, how cool is that??? I would have loved that as a kid.

suejonez · 02/03/2007 13:23

LMS - I bet you find the extra walkign does the trick - think thats why I'm finding it easier to lose weight at the moment, so much walking with D. The crunch will come when I'm back in work next week

I felt such a failure on the crown front that I have got you a crown and some earrings...

here

OP posts:
suejonez · 02/03/2007 13:24

MrsJC - sorry you're still around (IYKWIM) curry? pineapple? walking?

OP posts:
CheesyFeet · 02/03/2007 13:29

You back at work already sue - time flies doesn't it?

agalch · 02/03/2007 13:58

Oops sorry forgot to email you my weight loss this week doh!!

Lost 2lbs this week Got another 1.5st to lose now. I am actually starting to believe that i might even get to my target weight of 9st 7lbs.

MrsJC,have you tried all the usual methods? Eg curry/sex etc? Might be worth it? Hope it all happens really soon for you

suejonez · 02/03/2007 14:00

That must be 22.5 lbs in total Agalch, which is great you hit your third half stone this week so you should get something to recognise that but I can;t think what!

Yes I'm back to work on Monday for 3 dys a week in March MOn, Wednes, Thursday then Mon-Thurs form April

OP posts:
agalch · 02/03/2007 14:07

Sue not sure how much exactly but i started off on Boots scales at 14st and i am now 11.2st at Scottish Slimmers.

Of course it's all down to bfing my dd2 according to my "friend".She never lets it rest We met someone we hadn't seen for ages the other day,they commented on how much better i look and she said "well so would you if you were constantly bfing".Bloody tired of it,never mind shes probably pissed off that she has lost 10lbs in the same time frame as me.

And i treated myself to a lovely bag today!!!

suejonez · 02/03/2007 14:31

such a good idea to treat yourself to something calorie free. And you don;t need to get p'ed off wiht her, just practice looking smug. Will annoy her much more.

OP posts:
suejonez · 04/03/2007 12:57

We're all very quiet this weekend. I'm off to DS's first birthday party this afternoon and it was from a local mumsnetter. I'm ridiculously excited to be invited to a three yr olds party, have a feeling it will wear off!

OP posts:
JackieNo · 04/03/2007 13:02

Excellent - have a good time, and I hope DS does too. Don't eat too many mini-rolls (always my downfall at kids' parties)

JackieNo · 04/03/2007 13:03

Although, as it's a MNer's party, maybe no mini-rolls (there were at ours). Only organic ones?

suejonez · 04/03/2007 19:13

well it was a proper party in a church hall with cheese sandwiches and jam sandwiches and squash. It was lovely, D had a wonderful time and so did I!

OP posts:
JackieNo · 04/03/2007 20:14

Excellent. Glad it went well.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

ForcesSweetheart · 04/03/2007 23:11

Sue you weren't at the same party as me were you?? I was at a birthday party for the child of a mumsnetter in a church hall, with cheese sandwiches & jam sandwiches too! Ate far too much yummy calorie laden buffet food and cake but hey ho, DD had a fab time.
Glad you had a good time. During the years I was longing to be a mum I dreamt of being invited to little jelly & ice-cream birthday parties, so I don't think it's ridiculous to be excited.
Hope everyone's doing ok. Haven't been on much as DH is leaving for 3 wk exercise in a few hours so pandamonium in our little MQ at the mo.

agalch · 05/03/2007 07:26

Morning all

Not had a good weekend. Felt really hungry all weekend but wasn't actually hungry iykwim. Ate really healthily and did all the usual cooking good meals but desperatly craved snacks like crisps and biccies. Gave in a few times so i feel worried that my control is slipping away.I could so easily start to binge and overeat again.

Then ds1's gf was over on Sunday and dd1 wasn't well so didn't organise dinner and we ended up having having an indian takeaway.And of course even tho i promised myself i would be sensible and just enjoy a smaller portion i didn't and totally stuffed myself!!

I know it doesn't sound that bad but i binged all the time before this diet and i do not want to go back there,i am liking how i am now.

Anyhow have had porridge this morning,will have to go out today or else i'm scared i won't be able to keep out of the cupboards.

Hope you all have a good day!!

suejonez · 05/03/2007 10:18

I don;t know if it helps Agalch but when I'm in a can;t stop eating mood I tend to eat much bigger protions of things. Eg make pasta with sauce for dinner but have a ridiculousy huge plate of the pasta. Have low fat ice cream but a really big bowl full. Make yourself a ham sandwich mid morning with no butter but plenty of low fat mayo It's what I call controlled binging. Its accepting that sometimes you just need to eat more but trying to stay away form the things which are really easy to pile on the calories with like biscuits and crisps. Its quite hard to eat so much pasta that you put on weight, you might not lose anything but it does make you feel better that you have controlled what you eat.

And even if you do binge, you can choose to get staright back on your diet. The secret to losing is not being perfect but being good enough. The odd binge isn't going to matter.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.