My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Can I 'do' SW from the mags rather than go to a club?

12 replies

Somanybabyseagulls · 18/10/2006 13:10

Every so often I pick up Slimming World mag, looks great, like the idea that you can eat tonnes of certain stuff. Will it be as effective if I use their meal planners or do you really need the club. Have been faffing around for months and need to knuckle down. Does this also work for men, dh has a huge appetite but needs to cut down. Thank you.

OP posts:
Tommy · 18/10/2006 13:14

I reckon it could work - you would have to be very motivated though.

I did it without going to the classes and made sure I weighed myself at the same time every week and wrote my weight down on the calender.

It does work for men (especially on green days) as all rice, pasta, potatoes etc cooked withlout fat are free so he could just have bigger portions than you.

Loads of people doing it on MN so I'm sure you could get some support from here too

Somanybabyseagulls · 18/10/2006 13:18

Thanks Tommy, am reading the SW thread at the moment, boys is it long or what!!

OP posts:
xena · 18/10/2006 13:24

Thats what i'm doing seagulls, mainly as DH is never home in time for me to go to the local one at 7pm- and i'm not taking the four dc's I'm doing my weighing on a thursday so if you want to join me 'virtually' then when can cheer each other on I was 11 st 8 last week so have another 2 st 1 oz to go

Somanybabyseagulls · 18/10/2006 13:28

Hi Xena, that would be great. Last time I weighed myself I was 11 1, but that was a couple of weeks ago, weighing in at Boots tomorrow. I'm exercising like mad but probably eating/drinking the wrong stuff. Would like to break the 11 stone barrier as this is psycological, then would love to at least 1/2 stone if not more by Christmas.

OP posts:
xena · 18/10/2006 13:50

weigh in tomorrow then!!

Somanybabyseagulls · 18/10/2006 13:54

Ok Xena, btw, how long have you been SW and how much have you lost? (not too nosey I hope).

OP posts:
Tommy · 18/10/2006 13:56

the other thing is - make sure you write down everything that you eat and drink and whether it is free, a Healthy extra and whether A or B and your syns.

xena · 18/10/2006 14:29

This is my first week and i've been writing down everything as tommy recommends.
My weight has been fairly stable at 11 3 since Dc2 was born, but Dc4 is 6mths and have been eating as I please since then, as I was breast feeding, although I have stopped now and have put on a few extra pounds. Before DC1 I was 9 stone7 so thats what i'm aiming for.

Somanybabyseagulls · 18/10/2006 15:39

9 7, what a dream! Catch up tomorrow.

OP posts:
Somanybabyseagulls · 19/10/2006 09:38

11 stone exactly, thought I would be more as I have 'pigged' a bit this weeek!

OP posts:
xena · 19/10/2006 16:29

11 3 woopee!!!

xena · 19/10/2006 16:31

Imagine if I lost another 5lbs this week! I would break the 11stone barrier. I feel much more motivated now although we are going away sat-thurs so it will be harder

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.