Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

BigMoFos Week 11

81 replies

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 11:37

New week, new thread ... and lots of determination not to have any gains this week!

OP posts:
JackieNo · 20/07/2006 11:42

Well done WWB on your first stone! Feels good, doesn't it. After my rather undignified behaviour last week, I won't be fighting over the crown. And thank you for drawing a line under last week too, WWB. Any more thoughts about the meet-up? I'm planning a picnic of sausage rolls and fruit shoots. With a side order of cheese strings.

schneebly · 20/07/2006 11:44

I wish I could come

Well done to all those who didn't disgrace themselves like i did!

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 11:46

Oh it does, it feels really good. Now for the next one ... hopefully chipping away slowly at it is the right way to go.

Sausage rolls, fruit shoots and cheese strings ... you're brave Pudding is grapes nicked from the nearest Waitrose, presumably

OP posts:
JackieNo · 20/07/2006 11:46

Schneebly, you didn't disgrace yourself - it's just a tiny blip and just keep looking at the overall trend - it's still very much downward.

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 11:47

We drew a line underneath it, schneebs - it's gone now. No beating yourself up, no hair shirts and self-flagellation; just back in the saddle again this week.

OP posts:
schneebly · 20/07/2006 11:47

3lbs is a big blip!

JackieNo · 20/07/2006 11:48

Absolutely, WWB. Maybe with a big bar of chocolate for after. And that's just me. Haven't decided what the children are having yet.

suejonez · 20/07/2006 12:46

Scheebly - WWB and I both put on 3lb a few weeks ago and have lost it all now so we all go through the same thing from time to time.

hub2dee · 20/07/2006 13:07

No change for me this week. Phew. Ate 5 profiteroles and half a baked camembert at friend's dinner on Friday. Both were utterly delicious but obv. ultra-high fat.

Schneebly: You and I are going to be ultra-healthy this week, deal ?

hub2dee · 20/07/2006 13:07

Congrats toadie btw. You skinny moo. A stone is great, huh !

coppertop · 20/07/2006 13:13

Congratulations on losing your first stone, WWB.

Fauve · 20/07/2006 13:20

Well done, WWB . And I'm very pleased with my first half stone loss since this started - even more so since a mum in the playground commented today on how much weight I'd lost! Now THAT's what I like to hear - worth taking the kids to school for. Couldn't have done it without everybody's help, so thanks!

Next week I'm on hols in France, so am intending to be mostly eating soup and salads, with the occasional fish thrown in. I shall try to resist Camembert and profiteroles...

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 20:03

Skinny moo??? That'll be a long time coming ... says she looking back at an arse the size of the number 11 bus . I can't actually see any difference yet, which is one of the minus points of weight-loss when you're my size - you need to lose about 4 stone before anyone even notices.

I am in awe that you managed to eat 5 profiteroles in one go (let's pass on the half a baked Camembert ... bleeeeee) and not put any weight on, Hub. One sniff of a profiterole and I put on three pounds (how does the conversation always manage to come back to profiteroles??).

OP posts:
hub2dee · 20/07/2006 20:51

You might not see it yet, wwb, but I'm you feel it a bit, no ? Anyway, better off than on. Imagine the heat of the last few weeks carrying a plastic bag full of tinned food on your head.

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 21:09

I'm not really feeling it yet either ... particularly not whilst tramping up and down the bl**dy hill to take dd to school and pick her back up again with the sun beating down and no shade - it's about killing me (and dh dares to complain about sitting in his air-conditioned car ... grrrrrr). Although it's definitely better off than on and I'm sure I'll start feeling it pretty soon ... says she pleadingly

I don't even want to think about doing it with 13 cans of soup on my back though ...

OP posts:
hub2dee · 20/07/2006 21:28

I trust you were a big f*ck off hat ?

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 21:35

Ohhhhh yes ... you have never seen a bigger f*ck-off hat than I wear. The other mothers think I'm soft in the head as they all sit there soaking up the sun in the playground, and I probably look like a complete and total pillock but what the hell!

I hate the school run (school crawl?) with a passion, It's either peeing down with rain or so hot that you can barely breathe. And when it's not doing either that's because I'm falling over on the ice!

I need to get those damned refresher driving lessons sorted out - was going to get dh to take me out last weekend but his new car is arriving tomorrow so there wasn't much point in starting to get used to the old one! The school-run with air conditioning might not be environmentally sound but in this weather it would be sooo much nicer.

OP posts:
hub2dee · 20/07/2006 21:40

Oh yes, why bash up the old one when you can bash up the new one ?

Women, eh...

Fauve · 20/07/2006 21:40

An air con car is the only place to go in this heat. (Even if the ice caps are melting.)

niceglasses · 20/07/2006 21:44

Can I join? Is there another thread I should read? Are you all following the same diet??

Sorry for all the questions.

I lost about 2 stone after the birth of my 3rd 2 yrs ago, and got down to around 9 and half (am 5ft 5) but am back up to more like 10. I need some serious motivation. I have eaten like a cow today and am starting to feel down about it.

Whats the rules girls??

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 21:44

Oi! No hitting below the belt, thank you very much!

I haven't driven the car for a single one of its 4 years/98,000 miles; why start now? We weren't meant to be getting the new one until September so I was going to start getting used to the current one so that I could take dd out over the school holidays ... but we won't have the Citroen over the school holidays so there's not much point in getting used to it! I haven't driven in 7 years, I want to keep it simple to start with. Can't see me having the nerve to drive his new toy though - not yet.

Air-con would be wonderful though

OP posts:
WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 21:50

Niceglasses, there aren't any rules!

We started this thread for people who needed to shift a lot of weight, or who identified with us when we got frustrated by people of 7 stone moaning that they needed to lose 3lb, calling themselves lardy arses and complaining about how hard it was! We're all doing different diets - some aren't even dieting, just waiting to get into the right mindset - but the thread offers support and motivation.

Some people email me their weight loss, others don't. Some put it on the thread, others keep it to themselves. It's up to you - take from the thread exactly what you need to. No-one cracks a whip if you fall off the wagon - unless you want us to - we'll just give the support you need to get going again.

It seems to be working for us.

Oh - I lied. There is a rule - just the one. No beating yourself up if you gain weight; draw a line under a bad week and start again.

OP posts:

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

niceglasses · 20/07/2006 21:54

Okay, sounds ace. I know I don't need to loose loads - would be happy with around 10lb, but I'd appreciate some support. Count me in. Have wedding in Sept, so thats me goal.

hub2dee · 20/07/2006 21:55

Oh, and no plastic toys on the thread. That can get you banned.... or worse.

WigWamBam · 20/07/2006 22:01
OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.