Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Off to Join WW at 6pm

5 replies

jenk1 · 28/02/2006 17:51

Feel really apprehensive and a bit scared, sillybilly arent i?

I just keep thinking that i will fail but i so need to lose some weight-at least 3-4 stones, i have joined a gym and am going 3 times a week so need to do the food thing as well.

Will let you know how i get on.

OP posts:
bigisbeatifulwasoldandfat · 28/02/2006 21:52

I keep looking at joining ww online, but seems rather expensive. my nearest meeting would be on a monday at 7pm, shall i? who knows, gods knows i really need it, 3stone to loose. let me know how you get on tonight jenk1

jenk1 · 09/03/2006 12:55

well, i went and joined and i couldnt believe what the scales said, im so ashamed.

I have about 5 stone to lose, i couldnt stop thinking about it all last week and i didnt do the diet properly, as a result i didnt go back to the weigh inSad
trying to pluck up the courage to phone my leader and tell her how i feel but dont know what to say or what she will say either.

OP posts:
Detta · 20/03/2006 21:42

You won't be the first to slip up, nor the last! Hope you plucked up the courage to phone your leader; she'll have been there and done that many times I'm sure, so don't worry. Going to the gym sounds good; maybe you can return to WW and start again. Set yourself small goals, aim to lose a stone maybe? Then take it from there. When you have a lot of weight to lose it can seem pointless to lose only a pound or two, but remember that even the longest journey starts with a single step... hang on in there. I struggle a bit too, and have made several attempts to lose weight over the past 3 years, but this time I WILL DO IT. I WILL! Lots of luck x

Dior · 20/03/2006 21:49

Jenk - Your leader will be really pleased to see you back in the meeting. Never miss a meeting because the week didn't go 'well'. For all you know, you might have lost a couple of pounds, and that would have made you feel great, wouldn't it!

From my experience, I know that your Leader will want to get you to goal. Look at 7lbs at a time, and then your 10% goal. You are not doing it for anyone else, just you, and you need to make time for yourself to get this weight off. Keep it up, and you will be there by this time next year. I know it seems a long way off, but it comes round quickly, and it will only seem like 5 minutes from the other end!

You can do it!

jenk1 · 23/03/2006 09:41

Thanks for all your messages of support, im going to phone my leader today and tell her how i feel, we have just booked a holiday at the end of May and it would be nice to lose a stone for then, is that realistic a stone in 2 months?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.