Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

cambridge diet

6 replies

laughinglil · 05/01/2006 15:11

i start tomorrow... so excited hope it all goes well !

OP posts:
hotmama · 05/01/2006 15:21

I don't want to be a killjoy - but please be careful - if you are going to do it .

I did this about 10 years ago, and yes the weight loss was good I lost 2 stone in a month - this should have set the alarm bells ringing in hindsight.

As soon as I started eating 'normal' food again I piled on the weight ( and I mean normal eating not bingeing etc) I ended up heavier than I was at the beginning and because of this diet completely messing up my head never mind my body - I developed bulimia.

I am sorted now, but would really,really recommend you not to do this diet - please think of some of the others - a lifestyle change is needed not a quick solution.

laughinglil · 12/01/2006 14:27

today was first weigh in after 7 days which i must say hasn't been to bad. lost 11lb this week ! another 2 stone to go!

OP posts:
mammamic · 12/01/2006 15:10

laughinglil - you lost 11 lbs in one week - is that right? Maybe hotmama is right - be careful. that sounds like an unhealthy weight loss for one week!

Bubbaloo · 03/02/2006 21:19

Laughinglil-How's the diet going?

I'm going to start it in a couple of weeks and looking forward to losing the weight-lol!
My mum has been on it for 2 weeks now and has already lost 11lb,and looks so much slimmer-like she's lost more.

laughinglil · 04/02/2006 10:59

hey diet is going great 5th week this week can't believe it.
week 1-11lb lost
week2- 5lb lost
week 3 - 4lb lost
week 4- 5lb lost

25lb lost in total on add a meal week this week. I love this diet probably the only diet I have ever stuck to because you don't have to worry about what to eat. Good luck it is sooo worth it!

OP posts:
Bubbaloo · 04/02/2006 12:13

Wow that's really great-well done you.

Probably an obvious question,but what's the add a meal? Do you just fit one in amongst the shakes and bars etc...?

I can't wait-I've got loads to lose!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.