Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Who has had the biggest loss

8 replies

ivykaty44 · 17/01/2011 12:20

and can you come and tell me how you did it please...?

OP posts:
ivykaty44 · 17/01/2011 12:49

anyone had success and wnat to share how they did it? Smile

OP posts:
FatFurryCatPuss · 17/01/2011 13:09

This last week, instead of following 'faddy' diets like I normally do, I stuck to 1500 calories a day (low GI as I have PCOS) and, to my shock, I lost A WHOLE STONE in one week... Had no idea I was carrying that much water... Shock

Will be interesting to see how it levels off this week... Won't be too disappointed to see a very small loss (or even stay put/have a small gain) while my body 'settles down' and I begin to lose the excess weight properly! Grin

FatFurryCatPuss · 17/01/2011 13:09

Forgot to say, I have 7 stone to lose - not like I lost it all in one week... Wink

ivykaty44 · 17/01/2011 13:50

wow, well done! So by low GI what sorts of foods are you eating?

OP posts:
aristocat · 17/01/2011 14:16

i have lost almost 4 stone since June 2010 by swimming four times a week and eating smaller healthy portions

aristocat · 17/01/2011 14:16

oops and no alcohol Sad

ivykaty44 · 17/01/2011 14:36

4 stones, wonderful well done- so smaller portions, but no particular diet? sounds sensible, has it been a struggle or pretty easy once you got into it?

Apart for the alcohol?

OP posts:
FatFurryCatPuss · 17/01/2011 14:54

ivykat44 I'm avoiding things like white bread, rice (except basmati) and potatoes, etc., at the moment - having things like baked sweet potato, whole grains, beans and pulses instead. I'm vegetarian and trying to increase the amount of protein I eat by finding New and Exciting (Hmm) things to do with tofu (I'm HOPELESS in the kitchen!) and eggs/egg whites.

As far as I'm aware, low GI foods are good for people losing weight because they keep you fuller longer, regardless of whether you are insulin resistant or not. :)

aristocat 4 stones is amazing - well done! Grin I miss swimming (used to be really good) and can't wait to get back in the pool again!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.