Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Pregnant and trying to lose weight?

7 replies

Alibabaandthe40nappies · 26/07/2010 19:19

I've just found out I'm pregnant, am around 5 weeks. I have recently lost just over a stone and I'm keen to keep losing weight and then minimising gain.

I have been shredding but I am mainly doing pilates now.

Is anyone else in a similar position and would like to share tips and encourage each other?

OP posts:
Alibabaandthe40nappies · 27/07/2010 19:27

Bump

OP posts:
buttonmoon78 · 27/07/2010 19:32

Stick to a lower calorie / fat healthy eating plan and stick with doing the pilates - it'll do you no end of good. Good luck!

Ps. brace yourself for people who'll probably come and tell you dieting is bad while pg. I know you don't mean doing lighterlife or going on a starvation diet!

nancydrewrocked · 02/08/2010 10:26

Ali - how much do you have to lose?

I recently started dieting as wanted to lose a stone (although 18lbs would have been my ideal - sadly I don't think there is any chance of getting rid of those last 4lbs!)

Anyway I lost 4lbs (over 3weeks - god it was slow) and then found out I was pregnant.

I would really like to continue losing the fat (particularly as it seems like a good time to take advantage of the fact that I am not drinking!) however I am struggling enormously as the only things that I can keep down at the moment are toast/crisps/biscuits.

shababa · 03/08/2010 13:03

Hi guys
Hope you all are doing fine. I am 25 and not pregnent yet. i would like to get pregnent but i think i am overweight for my height. I do eat lots of vegetables and fruits along with a 45 minutes excercise session at home for 4 to 5 days. my weight is 75 kg right now and im only 5 feet 1 inch. But before getting pregnent i want to lose my weight to atleast 65 kg. Could anyone give me any advice or suggestion in this matter!!!!

Joby1970 · 03/08/2010 13:11

shababa - if you have the spare time & a little bit of extra cash I can recommend slimming world . When I was your age I lost nearly 5 stone with SW in just over a year.

Alibabaandthe40nappies · 03/08/2010 13:33

Ooh replies - hello

Shababa - I think 10kg is very achievable in a year. It sounds like you are eating the right things and exercising - have you looked at your portion sizes? It's where I go wrong!

nancydrew - to get to my 'ideal' weight I need to lose another 4 stone - argh. Obviously I'm not trying to shift all that while I'm pregnant, but if I could maintain my weight over the pregnancy then I would be really really happy.
I've lost a pound this week, even though I've been eating loads more than I was previously. I haven't really had any sickness yet, although I feel queasy when I'm preparing food which is a bit of a nightmare with a hungry 2-year-old!

I have got this DVD here which I've done 3 times in the last week. It's quite a hard workout actually and very effective.

OP posts:
kelly2525 · 04/08/2010 11:03

Hi all, first time poster here, im 16wks 5 days pregnant, and im dieting too, im about 3 stone overweight, have lost two and a half and am carrying on with the diet while pregnant, i use a site called nutracheck, which is cheaper than ww and sw, its £7.99 a month, im eating around 1600 calories a day and exercising 200 of those away on the treadmill, its much harder seeing a loss while pregnant but, i think surely its better i keep trying to lose while pregnant rather than gain 2 or 3 stone, baby is getting huge amounts of fruit and im taking pregnancy vitamins, so i hope im not depriving him, i had a gender scan last Saturday and saw a very lively little man in 4D, who doesnt seem like hes unhappy

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.