My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to the Mumsnet Disney World forum UK, here you can share your Disney secrets for planning the perfect holiday to Walt Disney World Florida.

Walt Disney World in Florida

Apartment/condo complex with fab pool

8 replies

NotPennysBoat · 06/06/2023 15:49

We (me, DH, DDs 12 & 9) are travelling to Orlando in May next year. We've been previously and stayed in a variety of accommodations, but I've a quite specific list of 'wants' this time and I'm hoping some of you experts can help me!

I'm looking for:

• separate sleeping areas for adults and kids, ideally 2 bedrooms
  • kitchen facilities, doesn't have to be mega well equipped - a fridge, microwave and some plates/cutlery will be fine
  • an amazing pool which isn't miles away from the room! A slide or two would be perfect.

We're not doing full on Disney this time (just one day at Epcot), but will spend a few nights at a Universal hotel, and want a base for other Orlando attractions as well as Busch Gardens. With this in mind, I'm hoping to find something on the West/South West side of Orlando to give easy access to everything.

Any suggestions please...?
OP posts:
AnnoyedByAlfieBear · 06/06/2023 16:32

Floridays. We're staying there this summer. Meets all your criteria. You can pick 2 or 3 bedrooms.

princesslouloubananahammock · 06/06/2023 16:43

Ooo we stayed at Floridays last year.
We had a great time however the apartments are fairly basic and prob could do with an update....
If you are out at parks all day and just need a base to eat and sleep then it's fine.... great location, pool is nice and nice atmosphere. The pool side food is actually quite nice!! Plus Starbucks on site.
But if you want something a bit more then basic I would look else where. We would stay there again 😊

NotPennysBoat · 07/06/2023 19:13

Thank you! Will check out Floridays

OP posts:
Mybestusername · 07/06/2023 19:28

Staybridge Suites is good - there's one in between Disney and Universal.

Sleepyteach · 14/06/2023 06:53

I would not recommend the staybridge royale parc (I don’t think this is the one @Mybestusername mentioned). We were due to stay four nights but left after one, it wasn’t like any other staybridge I’ve ever visited, the rooms were really dark and dingy although semi refurbished and I just didn’t like it. Breakfast was awful too.

TheChippendenSpook · 17/06/2023 20:04

We stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort and it has everything you describe. There is a shopping complex across the road too.

Thatmusthavehurt · 13/07/2023 08:05

The Groves Resort and Waterpark. Everything you've asked for and very close to. WDW. We've stayed all over Orlando and it's the best we've found.

florenceandthemac · 14/07/2023 23:23

We’ve stayed at Bahama Bay resort twice, and would stay again.
Had a three bedroom, really spacious apartment both times. We paid $900 for ten nights last year

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.