Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Doll advice for four year old!

RoseGoldEagle · 29/08/2020 21:39

DD is about to turn 4. She has a couple of baby dolls that she loves. Was thinking of getting her Lottie doll, but don’t know if she’ll be too young for it. It’s also quite small so don’t know if it would be too fiddly. She loves imaginative play so would enjoy dressing and undressing it, and I like the natural look of the Lottie dolls. Also love the My Generation dolls which say from 3, but they’re so big and I think they’d be better for 5/6 year olds? Any doll advice for a 4 year old would be very welcome, thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

NannyR · 29/08/2020 21:45

The little girl I look after got a My Generation doll for Christmas last used when she was nearly three and she loves it. She can manage dressing and undressing it easily, it's hair is a mess though as she can't/isn't bothered about brushing it.

Please
or

bookmum08 · 29/08/2020 22:11

I like the Design a Friend dolls from Argos. They are a nice size for 4 year olds.

Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 30/08/2020 06:21

How about a wooden dolls house with chunky, simple wooden furniture? Big jugs and Le Toy Van are good brands for that.
Or how about a cot, pram or high chair for her existing dolls?

Please
or

LauraAshleySofa · 30/08/2020 07:06

Lottie will be perfect for a four year old to help develop the fine motor skills (using fingers) needed to strengthen the hands for writing at school. We have several and I always liked the stylish, age appropriate clothing and the themes of the dolls as they relate to young girls interests, we have the stargazing / astronomy one, because we like looking at the night sky and the autumn leaves one plus the dog as my daughter loves our own dog. We have a few more too but can't remember their names.
The only down side is that with young children and we'll played with toys, lots of bits just get lost. We have odd shoes with no pairs, half lost outfits. It's frustrating for the cost but I guess that's life.

Please
or

ivfdreaming · 30/08/2020 07:23

Design a friend all the way

The my generation dolls look......cheap

Please
or

MSOB87 · 06/09/2020 09:46

@RoseGoldEagle Been looking at these, super cute, but not cheap! ... lulludolls.co.uk/

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.