Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Playmats

Betsyboo87 · 23/08/2020 08:19

We’ve decided to get a big playmat for DS. We have hardwood floors which scratch very easily and my knees are already suffering. We don’t have a dedicated play area so it will be replacing the rug in our living room. We’d like to be able to leave it down permanently and so looking designs that fit with our decor.

We’re currently looking at either Totter and Tumble or Munchkin and Bear. Both have really lovely designs. Does anyone have any positive or negative experience with these brands? The reviews all seem good but I wanted to check if there’s anything I’ve over looked?

Obviously they’re not the cheapest but we also live abroad so we’ll have to ship it out and can’t return it so we want to make the right choice.

OP's posts:
Please
or

summerinthecity22 · 08/10/2020 10:38

Hi!

I have a munchkin and bear and can highly recommend.

We got a big one for when my bub was born. She's 2 now and it's still in great condition. It's like a big yoga mat but looks great in the house!
It's durable and is easy to keep clean.

Yes it was expensive but a great investment I think!

I wanted to be comfortable when playing on the floor with bub - and so that was a big factor as well.

Smile

Please
or

Betsyboo87 · 08/10/2020 15:53

Thanks @summerinthecity22. Good to know it was a great investment for you. We only just got round to ordering and went with Totter and Tumble in the end but purely because they had a design that fitted best with our current decor. It’s on its way and I can’t wait to get it!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mollymarvelous · 16/02/2021 09:50

@Betsyboo87 4 months on how are you getting on with it ?

Please
or

Betsyboo87 · 16/02/2021 10:30

@Mollymarvelous we love it! We got the compact one as it was the best fit for our living room but it’s still a really good size. We spend hours on it everyday so I think it was worth the investment. I love both designs so we flip it over every couple of weeks too.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mollymarvelous · 16/02/2021 10:32

@Betsyboo87 thank you for the update . Can you share the link to the one you recommend

Please
or

Betsyboo87 · 16/02/2021 10:55

totterandtumble.co.uk/products/the-keeper-playmat

We have this one in compact size.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mollymarvelous · 16/02/2021 11:16

@Betsyboo87 thank you !!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.