Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Riders insurance

wingsofsteel · 12/05/2021 09:19

Hi. My DD(16) has been offered the opportunity to ride a horse at a local yard. It's not a riding school, just someone we know who has a horse related business (DD has had riding lessons for years though). I want to get her some insurance to cover injury etc and also some sort of public liability (in case the horse she's on damages something/someone and it's her fault) and some sort of cover for vet bills if the horse is injured when she's riding. I've found a couple of companies who seem to offer this but have also seen that the BHS Gold membership includes insurance for not a lot more. Does anyone have any recommendations for this sort of insurance, or comments on whether the BHS membership is worthwhile? (I'm thinking DD would like the other things that come with membership and it seems like a good organisation to support).

Apologies if this seems like a silly question- I have to confess I know nothing about horses but trying to support DD in her love of them.

OP's posts:
Please
or

balancingfigure · 12/05/2021 12:55

I think the BHS gold is easy way to get cover and as you say good organisation as well.

I don’t think it would be normal for any vets bills to fall to your daughter- this insurance I would expect to be the owners responsibility but do check with them.

Please
or

historyrocks · 12/05/2021 15:48

I’ve just got a share horse and got this insurance www.theinsuranceemporium.co.uk/products/equine/horse-rider

I’m not bothered about RHS membership and they only offer the basics at a much higher price.

Please
or

liquidy · 12/05/2021 18:38

I use Petplan Equine for my rider insurance.

Please
or

wingsofsteel · 12/05/2021 22:05

Thanks for the replies- I'll get some quotes from the companies mentioned and compare with BHS

OP's posts:
Please
or

Josettegrey · 13/05/2021 09:12

We have BHS, but world horse welfare do one. You can also add cover for injury too I believe

Please
or

Deliaskis · 13/05/2021 09:45

We also have cover with the Insurance Emporium, and I think DH is with E&L.

Please
or

StephieSlade · 15/05/2021 00:18

I've got the BUS Gold membership, and it's definitely worth the money 😀.

Please
or

StephieSlade · 15/05/2021 00:19

Sorry, BHS Gold 😣😣!

Please
or

Mysa74 · 21/05/2021 14:26

I've got Harry hall gold for my 3rd party etc. Very similar cover to the BHS one but cheaper. They used Seib, a reputable company.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.