My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room

Horse riding lesson holidays for the family

7 replies

Sugarintheplum · 13/09/2020 23:07

Dear all!

Hello, I've always wanted to learn to ride and now that I am looking into it for my kids I just have to give myself the chance. You only live once!

As I have kids and no real childcare help during these lockdown times, I think the only way I'll have a chance is a holiday where willing family member is around and has them while I learn (we don't live close so it won't happen regularly every week etc, but I am trying to arrange!)

Does anyone know where adult and kids can learn together in the UK? I'm thinking the week half term holidays or the two week holidays. failing that the next summer holiday.

Thanks in advance!!

NB I a about o post about regular lessons in the West London area, too

OP posts:
wheresmyliveship · 15/09/2020 07:18

Why don’t you have lessons while the kids are having lessons?

Bunkumum · 15/09/2020 07:24

I would assume everywhere? My riding school offers private lessons or semi private lessons. I’m sure they will offer some kind of family riding package. Or pay for an intensive course for you all and book in to the same time?

Bunkumum · 15/09/2020 07:25

Also, with bubbles. It’s probably preferable for them as you’re all from the same household.

Sugarintheplum · 15/09/2020 08:53

@wheresmyliveship

Why don’t you have lessons while the kids are having lessons?

I didn't think of that! As in n we learn together. The websites always separate kids and adults so in my mind that is how it was done.

I'll get on straight away to enquire.

Thank you!
OP posts:
dameofdilemma · 15/09/2020 09:47

If you wanted it to be a holiday then you could try Hallagenna in Cornwall. Its in a lovely location (Bodmin Moor).
Dd and dp have had lessons/hacks with them and they also have cottages, do week long riding stays etc.

AriettyHomily · 15/09/2020 09:55

You would need to book a semi private lesson and you all learn together.

lastqueenofscotland · 15/09/2020 23:30

I’d personally recommend Glen Tanar in the Cairngorms. Not a riding holiday per se but you can stay on the estate in one of the cottages and ride at their riding centre. The hacking is divine, and I used to get lessons from their main instructor on my own ponies she was Excellent. No idea if she’s still there but the general standard was very high I thought.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.